Police Scotland for No.....

Mr Bairn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with the English cyclists having the Union Flag/Jack (delete depending on your level of pedantry) on their helmets - most, if not all of them have represented GB and will be wearing their normal competition helmet.

You're telling me that Team England, unlike Team Scotland, couldn't afford new helmets for the commonwealth games?

You're telling me that Team England, unlike Team Scotland, couldn't afford new helmets for the commonwealth games?

naw mate I have it on good authority there sole purpose of doing it was to wind up that baster parp from pie and bovril.

source : leaked team england pre commonwealth games meeting minutes

;)

Obviously they could "afford" them. Money is not the question at stake here. Cyclists have to be comfortable in their helmets and whilst they certainly could "afford" to build replicas without the union flag, they probably had more important things to spend on anyway. You know things that will actually help them perform rather than appeasing a little clown collective from up north.

As stated earlier - myth.

It is good for outing the absolute cretins from society though...

^^^ identity fascist found

Not at all. Team Scotland riders would have been well within their rights to wear their GB helmets, as would Team NI and Team Wales.

Maybe they could lend you one to prevent injury as you continually batter your head against the wall over this perceived slight?

Not at all. Team Scotland riders would have been well within their rights to wear their GB helmets, as would Team NI and Team Wales.

Maybe they could lend you one to prevent injury as you continually batter your head against the wall over this perceived slight?

So unlike every single other competitor in the cycling Team England used old, used helmets, is that what you're saying? Because health and safety issues would dictate that that is not the case.

So unlike every single other competitor in the cycling Team England used old, used helmets, is that what you're saying? Because health and safety issues would dictate that that is not the case.

Right, I'm sure they buy a new helmet for every single track meet :blink:

Baxter Parp: Pretending to know the rules and regulations of competitive cycling since 2014, being a Zoomer for life.

If you can show evidence of all other competitors using brand new helmets every time they raced, and cite the exact UCI rules that state they must under health and safety issues, I'll accept that you may have a point.

In answer to the far more sensible question that you didn't ask, yes, I'm sure they could have stuck a wee St George's cross over the Union Flag, and no, I don't know what aerodynamic effect that would have had.

"Health and safety issues". :lol:

If you can show evidence of all other competitors using brand new helmets every time they raced, and cite the exact UCI rules that state they must under health and safety issues, I'll accept that you may have a point.

In answer to the far more sensible question that you didn't ask, yes, I'm sure they could have stuck a wee St George's cross over the Union Flag, and no, I don't know what aerodynamic effect that would have had.

"Health and safety issues". :lol:

What like the regulation that any helmet that's had a shock or been in an accident must be discarded, you mean?

What like the regulation that any helmet that's had a shock or been in an accident must be discarded, you mean?

You're clutching at straws now.

Your initial argument was that they were the only team using used helmets. Of course they wouldn't use any helmets that had been damaged or in an accident, but that's not the same as previously being used is it?

Or are you accusing Team England of using helmets that should have been discarded?

I find it quite sad that anyone cares about this. I thought we'd left arguing over what different nation flags represent to those to the north of that island to the west of us.

I do think a "no flags of non-participant nations" thing is a bit silly. It creates a situation where an Australian flag is okay when it's not folded but banned when it is.

You're clutching at straws now.

Your initial argument was that they were the only team using used helmets. Of course they wouldn't use any helmets that had been damaged or in an accident, but that's not the same as previously being used is it?

Or are you accusing Team England of using helmets that should have been discarded?

I'm accusing you of talking complete Bullshit, if it helps.

I don't understand how some people can function when they get this worked up about the helmets that a few cyclists were wearing. Which are exactly the same ones they wore in the World Championships a few months ago.

We're they riding for England?

Archived