Police Scotland for No.....

Mr Bairn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are Union flags allowed?

seriously ?

the saltire was not allowed becuase it had a political message on it, the same would have happened had the saltire said no no on it for example. think they took it a bit far in throwing her oot but she was probably being a gobby cow .

Would love to see the Police enforce the rules on the back of tickets at football games involving the OF, they certainly take enough money out the sport.

I think everyone should know by now YES/NO flags will not be tolerated, to throw people out over it is pathetic though.

seriously ?

the saltire was not allowed becuase it had a political message on it, the same would have happened had the saltire said no no on it for example. think they took it a bit far in throwing her oot but she was probably being a gobby cow .

Yes seriously? Why is a Union flag allowed? No team UK is participating?

Same reason SRU flags etc. are allowed. It is a flag normally associated with the competitors.

The official protocol is that no flags of non-competing nations can be taken into the games. So, no Brazil or Croatia flags. I suppose that makes the UJ a bit of a grey area but it is allowed.

Have to say I'm a bit peed off at the English cyclists with UJ on their helmets but I have no idea why they hve done that, maybe there is a good reason??

TBH I think it is a bit tacky to take a political flag to an event like that, you arent supporting Yes supporting Scots, You arent cheering on Yes, you are cheering on Scotland. Same goes for UJ.

All that sort of crap serves to achieve is winding up your political opponents and alienating DKS.

The official protocol is that no flags of non-competing nations can be taken into the games. So, no Brazil or Croatia flags. I suppose that makes the UJ a bit of a grey area but it is allowed.

Have to say I'm a bit peed off at the English cyclists with UJ on their helmets but I have no idea why they hve done that, maybe there is a good reason??

TBH I think it is a bit tacky to take a political flag to an event like that, you arent supporting Yes supporting Scots, You arent cheering on Yes, you are cheering on Scotland. Same goes for UJ.

All that sort of crap serves to achieve is winding up your political opponents and alienating DKS.

Union flag. It's only called the union flag when it's flown on a ship.

I agree wholeheartedly, the tackiest thing I've witnessed so far is the aforementioned flags on the cyclists helmets, there can be no good reason for it.

If you don't want to support your nation don't bother going.

Are you seriously that bothered about Union flag being flown ? The simple reason probably being the 4 countries which make up the union flag are competing ? If this bothers you it is probably you who has the problem and not the person flying it.

I agree wholeheartedly, the tackiest thing I've witnessed so far is the aforementioned flags on the cyclists helmets, there can be no good reason for it.

If you don't want to support your nation don't bother going.

^^^ Identity fascist found

I have no problem with the English cyclists having the Union Flag/Jack (delete depending on your level of pedantry) on their helmets - most, if not all of them have represented GB and will be wearing their normal competition helmet. It's a nothing issue, like Kate Richardson-Walsh wearing her Team GB sweatband while playing for the England hockey team. She always wears it, even for her club team, and it doesn't break any competition rules. It's also not making any political statement.

As for the woman with the Yes flag, like others have said, I doubt the police would have been the first people to ask her to put it away. Being chucked out of the venue suggests she didn't agree with the ticketing regulations, in which case they were absolutely right. Why did she need to take that particular flag? It's not as if you can't get a cheap saltire all over the place!

Union flag. It's only called the union flag when it's flown on a ship.

You mean Union Jack when it's on a ship. All other times it's the Union flag.

seriously ?

So what about the UJ and Saltire with the word 'NO' on it?

10544303_761452107230117_348351645897851

Archived