False atmosphere

parsforlife

Anybody else experiencing this?

Was at the rugby 7s yesterday and it was desperately pushed during any break. Ht is only 2 mins you fuckwits we don't desperately need to have someone screaming make some noisssse Glasgow or shite big screen fads.

Hope I'm not in for similar at Hampden tomorrow but I'm not holding out too much.

It's not really my cup of tea, mainly because I'm an old fart, but it doesn't bother me either. It was a bit cheesy in places at the Sevens, but most of the games on Saturday's pool matches were slaughterfests, so it helped animate the crowd a bit until the bigger games.

It's going to be cheesy because it's a worldwide festival of sport with people coming from Australia or T&T to come and watch. If it was just as dull and bland as the half-time announcements at football games they'd be bored to death. I think that the atmosphere's a bit flat in the sports I've been to, but whenever Scotland have been participating it's been better. It's because you have so many different people supporting so many different nations instead of just two different teams.

Personally, I think parsforlife was on the kiss cam and was rejected. Unlucky chief.

Personally, I think parsforlife was on the kiss cam and was rejected. Unlucky chief.

Either that or he was Saturday night's pitch invader who ran the full length of the park in his natters to sidestep two stewards and score a try in the corner. Then got carted away by the police. :D

I'd be embarrassed if people travelled from all over the world and sampled the usual 'atmosphere' at sporting events in Scotland so I am glad they are trying to get everyone hyped up and noisy.

I don't mind the "let's make some noise!" stuff during breaks and intervals... what I do dislike though is this habit of playing music during events. At London 2012 they started playing music during middle-distance races - at Glasgow they've even started during it during track cycling races and at the gymnastics.

I don't mind the "let's make some noise!" stuff during breaks and intervals... what I do dislike though is this habit of playing music during events. At London 2012 they started playing music during middle-distance races - at Glasgow they've even started during it during track cycling races and at the gymnastics.

yeah, I saw that the other day. Some poor lassie was trying to do her ribbon routine, they played music the whole way through. The lassie did well to concentrate.

I hate going to Hampden for that reason. It's way too loud, you can't hear the fans and it kills the atmosphere. I find the big tellys distracting too. What's wrong with just watching a game of football with maybe some half time entertainment?

Yup. I hated how fake everything was when that wee lassie was going for her bronze in the swimming.

Jesus, why do people have to be so cynical about absolutely everything? I blame Stewart Lee and Mark Lamarr.

Only event I've been to was the Table Tennis, must have been less than 200 people there but the atmosphere was fantastic. Everyone was excited and cheering and that was at 11 in the morning. I've been to football matches and even six nations matches with worse atmospheres.

They do try to push the atmosphere a bit but to be honest I didn't think they had to, the amount of times "she wants your support come on Hampden make some noise!" was said before high jump/long jump etc, was annoying as f**k

From a football viewpoint, I hate it. I remember going to games when there was no music at all, and the fans compensated by creating a great atmosphere, even in the build up to the game. All this over hyped sh1te is annoying because I know that I am meant to cheer when my team scores.

Archived