Rovers v Livingston

Our last cup encounter was a 3-0 'vers win, which was followed quickly by a demotion for Livi.

The gap in quality has probably been extended since then but with both teams having played goal-filled 120 minute games in our first competitive matches of the season, this should be an interesting one.

Confident of a win here. We've built a decent squad over the summer which should have more than enough to go through by a couple of goals, if we don't have a disaster. Moving out this week so unsure if I'll make this one but I hope I can.

Hope McGlynn gives some of the guys who came on and did well against Queen of the South a bit of game time but I wouldn't blame him for keeping the same 11 who started. I think it's important we rotate the players before the Hibs game and know what our best 11 is, particularly in the attacking areas.

3-1 us.

We were underdogs against queens but beat them so not taking anything for granted for this one.

Looking forward to this game as it will be the first time i'll see the team for this season. Heard and read good things about most of our new signings so bursting to see them.

Hopefully we don't go 2-0 down in this one, would prefer getting the first goal and pushing on for more.

Might make this, although it's unlikely. Either way, hoping for a win.

Hopefully there's no injuries in tonight's friendly, although as EL says, we've probably got decent depth in the squad for the first time in a while.

Our last cup encounter was a 3-0 'vers win, which was followed quickly by a demotion for Livi.

The gap in quality has probably been extended since then but with both teams having played goal-filled 120 minute games in our first competitive matches of the season, this should be an interesting one.

Good to see you're alive! Have you given up on Marty Scorsese??? Might go to this one, not working Saturday and would be good to see the new squad in action.

Couldn't go to the Queens game but will be at this one, so we'll probably have a stinker.

Anyone know what the prices are for this?

Prices for Saturday for both home and visiting fans remain unchanged from last season and are as follows:

Adult £10

Concession £5*

Junior (13 to 16 years) £2

Parent and Child (under-12) £10

*concession covers students, unemployed (with appropriate benefit card) and over 65s

Prices for Saturday for both home and visiting fans remain unchanged from last season and are as follows:

Adult £10

Concession £5*

Junior (13 to 16 years) £2

Parent and Child (under-12) £10

*concession covers students, unemployed (with appropriate benefit card) and over 65s

Cheers, decent price considering a few teams in the Championship will be charging £17+ for our league games.

We should have enough to win this, but we don't like making things easy for ourselves. Think it'll be 2-1 to Livi, Rovers will get their goal with about 10 minutes left to make it a nervy ending.

Really?

I'm not expecting to win this but I seen enough at Airdrie to expect us to compete. I'll go for 1-2.

You were at Airdrie and I wasn't, therefore your opinion > mine. But decades of watching the Rovers leads me to my prediction, young Snuffleupagus!

Easy. Thanks for showing up, boys.

In all seriousness, sounds like a shite performance from us and that we were a bit lucky to get through. Think Ogleby going off probably upset our rhythm as the updates seemed to have us fairly on top at that point. Hope he's okay.

Jamieson is a top boy. Surrounded by 8's in Club Earth tonight, I've no doubt.

Plenty of positives for the Rovers to take from the 120 minutes. Matched a team two leagues above. Keeper and defenders excellent. Further forward the feeling was that better players weren't playing. Anyway, that's the pre-season friendliest over: the real stuff starts next week.

Dire game played in dire conditions.

Very little between the two teams over 120 minutes I thought. Livi had the only two chances of the first half and Rovers had two great chances in the second half. The penalty miss by Livi in extra time was as bad as miss as I've ever seen.

Two great saves from Darren Jamieson in the shoot out though.

Good performance by Rovers today, against a full time time the lads were sharp and able to contribute much to what was a decent match, good chances at both ends, good saves by both keepers and chances missed by both teams, a very competitive match and a good indicator that if the Rovers retain the same levels of performance and commitment during the season, we will be there or there about.

Archived