Returning home to vote

Taza

You can register at friends/family house. If it's a single adult household, they would lose the single person discount on council tax bill but hey, if it's only for a few weeks. Two+ adult household, no worries.

Or find a friend who has no intention of voting, and ask them to vote on your behalf....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or find a friend who has no intention of voting, and ask them to vote on your behalf....

Yes or No put me down as a proxy and I'll vote for anyone that can't make it.

I have to say that proxy/postal voting is so open to manipulation.

That's not an accusation aimed at either side - just a general comment.

I have known people walk into the polling station and declare they were someone else to vote on that person's behalf ( with their permission) before heading off to vote at their own polling station. In a densely populated areas i daresay you could get few a fair number of polling stations in a day.

How is postal voting open to manipulation?

Is it not checked against a signature or something?

I am doing a postal vote, but I've heard it's more likely to be rejected or something? I don't really have a choice though.

Trust me - it is.

I won't describe here some of the tricks used - you can Google it I believe.

I have known people walk into the polling station and declare they were someone else to vote on that person's behalf ( with their permission) before heading off to vote at their own polling station. In a densely populated areas i daresay you could get few a fair number of polling stations in a day.

Knowing someone you know who isn't going to vote is one way.

have you ever voted?

you dont even need your polling card, just walk in and say a name and adress.

Yes. And worked on the polling station.

And I know mate haha just saying that surely it would be easy to implement an ID policy?

Archived