Returning home to vote

Taza

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a girl who was teaching abroad who has returned. She's forever posting stuff about Yes on fb. I think she would have come back anyhow but the vote made her decision easier sort-of-thing.

As a true patriot Sean Connery wants to but he's terribly worried about how it would affect his tax liabilities. Can anyone help?

Dave and Gideon,probably.

I'm sure the police will see it that way

And exactly how do you think that they will be able to prove this supposed "crime"

Proxy voting is all about choosing someone you trust. If your trust is misplaced then more fool you.

And exactly how do you think that they will be able to prove this supposed "crime"

Proxy voting is all about choosing someone you trust. If your trust is misplaced then more fool you.

?! I think I'll go round the doors of all the old folk in the Village and offer to vote for them. I must be sure to take a pad and pen and note which way they want to vote. When's the deadline for proxy?

Actor Adam Robertson who plays Doc Dan Hunter in River City, has revealed he is moving his family back to Scotland (having left 20yrs ago) so he can vote Yes in the Indy Ref.

I had been wondering about the situation of ex-pats who desperately wanted their say and concluded that for many, it really wouldn't take a great effort to temp. return, reg to vote and then - if needs/desire must - fk off again. My wife's sister is doing it, she's going to stay and reg at her mother's. I'm trying to arrange similar thing for my brother and a couple of friends.

One of my oldest friends (I was best man at his wedding), who moved to Australia 20 years ago, is coming back to volunteer for the campaign up to the election, registering and voting Yes.

?! I think I'll go round the doors of all the old folk in the Village and offer to vote for them. I must be sure to take a pad and pen and note which way they want to vote. When's the deadline for proxy?

I realise that you're taking the piss, but they've already taken account of this. You can only proxy for 2 other people.

Maybe someone on here can help me.

I'm at home for the summer and my new flat lease doesn't start until the 11th of September. That means that I won't be able to vote here, but will I be able to get my voting card sent to my other address after the 11th?

If not, can I get a postal vote sent to this address, have my parents send it up to me then post it back from a different region?

Also, my flatmate is an EU citizen without a UK address, until the 11th. He is eligible to vote and has moved from undecided to yes. How can he vote?

You should make sure you are registered at your parents' address and apply for a postal vote, getting your parents to forward it to wherever you are and just fill it in and use the return envelope. It doesn't matter that you are in a different region as it will just be counted in the region in which you are registered.

As for your EU citizen flatmate he may be eligible for a Declaration of local connection form, but he should ask your local electoral registration office.

Labour have been doing that for years in some places....

I looked into buying a flat back home in the hope it would allow me to vote, but it wouldn't have made a difference, so I won't bother.

I know of 1 person who is moving back from Switzerland to vote Yes, having managed to secure a secondment in work that will mean they can come back here early next year and go back to the job they are currently doing.

You cant just buy a flat, Alan Cumming tried that. You have to actually reside here.

I know. That's why I've decided to leave it for the time being.

You can register at friends/family house. If it's a single adult household, they would lose the single person discount on council tax bill but hey, if it's only for a few weeks. Two+ adult household, no worries.

Archived