Returning home to vote

Taza

Actor Adam Robertson who plays Doc Dan Hunter in River City, has revealed he is moving his family back to Scotland (having left 20yrs ago) so he can vote Yes in the Indy Ref.

I had been wondering about the situation of ex-pats who desperately wanted their say and concluded that for many, it really wouldn't take a great effort to temp. return, reg to vote and then - if needs/desire must - fk off again. My wife's sister is doing it, she's going to stay and reg at her mother's. I'm trying to arrange similar thing for my brother and a couple of friends.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor Adam Robertson who plays Doc Dan Hunter in River City, has revealed he is moving his family back to Scotland (having left 20yrs ago) so he can vote Yes in the Indy Ref.

I had been wondering about the situation of ex-pats who desperately wanted their say and concluded that for many, it really wouldn't take a great effort to temp. return, reg to vote and then - if needs/desire must - fk off again. My wife's sister is doing it, she's going to stay and reg at her mother's. I'm trying to arrange similar thing for my brother and a couple of friends.

2 mates in the army taking days off and coming home to vote YES too! :)

My "in-laws" have left Belize to come home to vote NO. They have traveled around the globe first though, jammy gits. Ex-Army by the way. Even Boab fae NZ tagged along with them and registered in time for a vote.

Every bit as legit as Tryfield's outlandish claim.

Belize indeed.

I could give you a link to their travels, but I respect their privacy. No need to worry, there's only three of them.

Maybe someone on here can help me.

I'm at home for the summer and my new flat lease doesn't start until the 11th of September. That means that I won't be able to vote here, but will I be able to get my voting card sent to my other address after the 11th?

If not, can I get a postal vote sent to this address, have my parents send it up to me then post it back from a different region?

Also, my flatmate is an EU citizen without a UK address, until the 11th. He is eligible to vote and has moved from undecided to yes. How can he vote?

Maybe someone on here can help me.

I'm at home for the summer and my new flat lease doesn't start until the 11th of September. That means that I won't be able to vote here, but will I be able to get my voting card sent to my other address after the 11th?

If not, can I get a postal vote sent to this address, have my parents send it up to me then post it back from a different region?

Also, my flatmate is an EU citizen without a UK address, until the 11th. He is eligible to vote and has moved from undecided to yes. How can he vote?

By putting an "x" next to his choice. Fairly straightforward stuff.

My "in-laws" have left Belize to come home to vote NO. They have traveled around the globe first though, jammy gits. Ex-Army by the way. Even Boab fae NZ tagged along with them and registered in time for a vote.

How can you tell if a person is ex-army?

Wait 20 seconds, they'll tell you.

How can you tell if a person is ex-army?

Wait 20 seconds, they'll tell you.

You don't need told with Harry. His round the world tour pics all featured his Glengarry. I'm well jealous of his Fiji, NZ, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, China and Australia journo entries.

I don't think they are going back to Belize mind ye, too many opportunities back here for the family. Harry kens his stuff.

I'm not going home to vote. I'm going to the polling station.

:lol: surprisingly quite witty there

You don't need told with Harry. His round the world tour pics all featured his Glengarry. I'm well jealous of his Fiji, NZ, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, China and Australia journo entries.

I don't think they are going back to Belize mind ye, too many opportunities back here for the family. Harry kens his stuff.

More opportunity if he votes Yes.

I'm not going home to vote. I'm going to the polling station.

Have you started dabbling in methamphetamine?

Your new found dabbling in the world of comedy is worrying. Almost hallucinatory.

I will be in Scotland the 18th september but completely unable to vote as I live in englandshire. With 6 weeks to go I don't think I can sort anything. It would be a yes by the way.

My cousins (who both moved to London the first chance they could get) are trying to claim they still live in Lanarkshire so they can vote No. Considering reporting them for electoral fraud tbh.

I'm doing a proxy vote for 2 No voters who are on holiday on the 18th so I'll stick them down as Yes to cancel them out.

:P

Archived