Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting day in Serie A!

Napoli were definitely the better team against Chievo but Francesco Bardi must have been on something because that was an outrageous good performance, he was unreal. He even saved Higuain's penalty. Brilliant result for Chievo.

And Inter hammering Sassuolo 7-0!? How did that even happen, did anyone see it?

What has happened to Napoli?

Thought they might be challengers but its not happening. Out the Champions league and two poor defeats in the league.

The game yesterday vs Udinese was absolutely terrible, the commentators on BT Sport were raging in the 2nd half about how bad it was. :lol: I can't see Benitez being there much longer.

Missed the Chievo v Parma game which I was looking forward to, as our TV & Internet was down all weekend as some c**t cut through our Virgin cable whilst cutting his grass, so I couldn't watch it. Pleased to see that Parma came from behind to win - a 3rd defeat of the season already would have been a disaster, especially considering two of the games would have been against Chievo and Cesena.

I watched the game with Milan last week and I felt they were let down by the referee (along with some dreadful defending), The penalty wasn't a penalty for me, the most minimal of contact was outside the box, but Menez threw himself to the ground once he made it in to the box which the referee bought - I also felt he dived to win the penalty against Lazio on the opening weekend. The two bookings which Felipe received were very harsh, Menez threw himself to the ground (there's a pattern forming here...) for the first "foul", and I'm not even sure there was any contact for the second. Being a cheating b*****d aside, Menez was excellent, summed up by his second goal which came about due to the aforementioned dreadful defending. Acquah and Jorquera were really good for Parma, the latter setting up two of the four goals.

Roma and Juventus have been the most impressive from what I've seen so far, with Milan looking very good, too - a decent shout for top 4?

Chievo v Parma

Just finished watching the highlights a little while ago, shite defending for the two Chievo goals (I've got a feeling that's going to be a theme throughout the season) - the second in particular had about 4 or 5 Chievo players free inside the six-yard box waiting for the loose ball from the corner FFS. The three Parma goals were a result of some lovely football. Cassano's two finishes were excellent, he's really started the season well and is already a quarter of the way to equalling his league goal tally for last season.

Roma up next doesn't really give the team the best chance to build on the win on Sunday, a draw is the best they can hope for and that's only if they cut out the errors in defence.

I didn't get to see Chievo vs Parma (despite being in Verona!) but I was hoping that after going 1-0 up early on they might have got a solid win, sadly not.

The next two games are Samdoria and Empoli. At least 4 points needed since after that it's Milan and Roma!

• 2 weeks later...

Juventus 1-1 Roma. Two penalties. Tevez then Totti, only a few minutes apart. Referee changed his mind from a free-kick to a penalty for Juventus' penalty.

Couple of fights starting too.

Juventus 1-1 Roma. Two penalties. Tevez then Totti, only a few minutes apart. Referee changed his mind from a free-kick to a penalty for Juventus' penalty.

Couple of fights starting too.

It's been bloody manic. Brilliant entertainer though. I'd wager at least another penalty, several ore goals and there's not a hope that 22 players are staying on that pitch.

It's been bloody manic. Brilliant entertainer though. I'd wager at least another penalty, several ore goals and there's not a hope that 22 players are staying on that pitch.

Well I hate to say I told you so.....

Someone's going to comment about match-fixing or something, not just a terrible refereeing performance.

Edit: And we have it.

This will end up 4-4. Both teams will have a sending off.

Archived