Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

Napoli shite it again, this time against a Juve reserve side. Roma confirmed for CL next season, Napoli can only make it if Lazio lose on Monday and then Napoli beat them on the final day. A point on Monday is enough for Lazio to guarantee CL.

Britos was sent off for a headbutt on Morata. A proper Zidane style cracker it was too. Fanny.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many games I've seen in Serie A this season that has been as dull as this. It's like your typical EPL game between two big sides - expectations of a great game, yet ultimately quite shite. I did miss the first 15 though, so perhaps I've just missed the best of the game. I'm blaming Roma for this though, I fucking hate watching Roma.

So many empty seats for a huge game, presume it's a safety/red tape reason.

I think the kick-off time and the fact the Olimpico is far too big a stadium for either side contributed to the amount of empty seats. When you consider Lazio's average attendance is around the 35k mark and Roma were given 'their' curva, then you'd have needed Lazio to find another 25-30k supporters to be a sell-out, or even close to one. Roma are doing the right thing in getting their own stadium, one with a much smaller capacity. Would be good to see Lazio doing the same, never been a fan of the Olimpico.

Anyway, for the game itself, I turned it off when the missus came home at around the 70 minute mark, so missed all 3 goals. Raging. Lazio clinging on to the CL place now, I can see them losing in Naples next week and ending up in the EL.

Lazio chairman won't be happy with two minnows in serieA.

Pleasing 8)

now they've missed out on CL automatic place hope the games aginst the promoted sides make up for the lost revenue :P .why do bad things happen to nice people,eh?

Yeah was seeing if anyone picked that up. Speaking as someone who's ethnic background is exciting as a baked potato no offence is intended.

Hee hee. Nae bather.

The Serie B playoffs have started! Last night Avellino beat Spezia 2-1 away and Pescara beat Perguia again 2-1 away, which means that the 2 semifinals are Avellino vs Bologna and Pescara vs Vicenza.

Final day of Serie A today.

Verona & Juventus drew 2-2 last night and Milan won 3-1 at Atalanta, so looks like it'll be a high scoring end to the season if the other games continue in the same way.

Napoli v Lazio is obviously the big game of the day (live on BT later), but Sampdoria and Inter can still make Europe by finishing 7th, as Genoa have been denied a license. Samp are at home to Parma though so the smart money would be on them.

Parma have also been given until June 9 to find a buyer or it'll be a drop to Serie D, rather than B. The last auction was for around 6m euro, with the sporting debt now reduced by over 50m due to players waiving 75 per cent of the wages they are owed. So essentially a new buyer will have to find 30-35m to buy the club and pay off the debt.

Archived