Serie A 2014/2015

Zanetti

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coppa Italia final between Juve & Lazio has been brought forward from the 7th of June to the 20th of May. Bit harsh on Lazio as it comes between an away trip to Samp this weekend and the derby with Roma next week. Juve will presumably rest more players for the game with Inter tomorrow.

Frosinone have officially been promoted to Serie A, that's them and Carpi now up neither of which have ever played in the top division before. We still have to wait for the playoffs to find out who the 3rd team is.

Was just away to post that. Two proper diddy teams in the top flight will be interesting anyway.

Would quite like one of Bologna, Perugia and Vicenza to come up.

Was just away to post that. Two proper diddy teams in the top flight will be interesting anyway.

Would quite like one of Bologna, Perugia and Vicenza to come up.

I'd like Vicenza to come up but all three are well supported teams with a good bit of history in Serie A.

Got to wonder how well Carpi and Frosinone will get on next year though... Sassuolo are a similarly sized club, but they at least have a billionaire backing them. Carpi had one of the lowest budgets in Serie B last season.

I'd like Vicenza to come up but all three are well supported teams with a good bit of history in Serie A.

Got to wonder how well Carpi and Frosinone will get on next year though... Sassuolo are a similarly sized club, but they at least have a billionaire backing them. Carpi had one of the lowest budgets in Serie B last season.

Perugia and Vicenza bring back good memories of an old Premier Manager game on the PS1 from the 90's, so my want for those being back in Serie A is only for nostalgic reasons I guess. :lol: My preference is one of those and I guess Bologna staying down would give Parma a big derby in Serie B next season.

Anyway, cracking result for Lazio last night away to Samp. Fancy Roma to win later though to move back in to 2nd. The derby next week is going to be something else.

Another Milan defeat this afternoon, losing 3-2 at Sassuolo and finishing the game with 9 men. They actually done pretty well to come back from 2-0 down and IMO looked like they would go on and win it before Bonaventura picked up a second yellow. Berardi got a hat-trick, even though his first didn't fully cross the line. Hilarious error from Lopez that led to it though.

Cagliari were relegated today as well after losing to Palermo. They'll join Parma & Cesena in Serie B.

On the subject of relegations etc, I noticed Brescia (helped in no part by a 6 point deduction) got relegated to the third tier yesterday. I done a bit of research as I thought they'd been in Serie A a lot more recently than 2011, and even then that was only for one season. What I did notice though, is that this will be only their 4th season in the third tier since winning promotion to Serie B in 1939! Mental.

Udinese have just went 1-0 up at Roma, Perica with the goal. Roma need to win to move back in to 2nd, they've been pretty shite so far.

Vicenza are a bit meh but good rivalry with Hellas, the whiskers banner referring to the vicenzans historically eating cats was quality. Decent article here http://www.thefootballexpress.co.uk/2011/10/vicenza-v-verona-fire-at-the-veneto-derby/.

Perugia were pure comedy back in the cosmi/bothroyd days and there's no other Umbrian teams in serie a whilst bologna have a nice ground and good history. Would love to see Venezia, foggia and more southern sides back u like lecce and Catania among others. Great to see Italian football on the up just too bad juventus haven't faced a string challenge in a while and the Milan teams are so bad, inter will do loads better next season I reckon if they give Mancini time and money.

If Tevez stays on, I can see Llorente leaving to make room for Berardi, but they're signing Dybala so there's going to have to be a lot of rotation.

Finished 2-1 to Roma. Massive result for them and means next week's Derby is massive. But been confirmed when it will even be played yet. It's likely to be moved to Monday night after they had to move the Italian cup final when juve got to the champions league final, fucking up lazio slightly

20 years ago (yesterday) Parma won their first UEFA Cup trophy beating Juve over 2 legs. Fast forward to now and they still haven't found a buyer for the club which will be necessary if they want to compete in Serie B next season: this was the third auction as well. Any potential buyers have until the 22nd to submit a bid, with the price now lowered to just over €8m. Hopefully the reduction in price will tempt someone, but with a HUGE amount of football debt to pay off, I do wonder if anyone sees it as being worthwhile. I've no doubt that if the club were in Serie A next season a buyer would already have been found IMO.

Two games on BT tonight, Fiorentina v Parma at 6pm, then Napoli v Cesena at 8pm.

Rome derby has now been confirmed as moved from Sunday to Monday, not sure if it's on TV or not, hope it is!

Archived