An Achievement Unmatched

I have admired what St Johnstone have been about the last few seasons and was pleased to see them lift the cup.

What would annoy me though (if I was a fan) is the lack of crowd.

Given this is probably as good as it gets, it's a bit shit.

When other teams had their glory periods the ground was bursting at the seams.

I am happy though for the Perth loyal who've stuck around since those days in the 1st where this seemed a million miles away.

#armageddon

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to be proved wrong but this team has to go down in History as the most successfully of any of the smaller clubs ( Partick, Killie, St Mirren, ICT, Ross County, Dundee, Falkirk)

To put it into context, the above clubs would love to make it into Europe once never mind 3 years in a row! ;)

Three years ago if you were to ask what I wanted saints to do I would said win a trophy and get into Europe - boy have we done that! :)

What aspirations do fans of other clubs have?

Probably should have made it clearer in my post that I'm talking in recent memory! Of course clubs will have had glory days in the 50's / 60's or earlier but very few people would have seen it!

Still stand by my original post that the achievements over the last few seasons won't be matched by any other "small club"

This is indeed our glory days and we'll enjoy it while it's lasts :)

Must be a right kick in the tits to make such an arse of the first post then have to shift the goalposts to not look like a total 'tard. :lol:

However, what the wee Saints have done in the last three seasons is indeed tremendous and should be applauded.

It goes to show how good a job the Saints manager has done that I have finally witnessed a trolling post from a fan of Super J's based on their success. Usually the supporters from Perth are happy to blend into the background on here.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Must be a right kick in the tits to make such an arse of the first post then have to shift the goalposts to not look like a total 'tard. :lol:

However, what the wee Saints have done in the last three seasons is indeed tremendous and should be applauded.

I did indeed look like a tard, I was too busy and that excited booking another European tour that I missed vital info in my OP :)

The way the league is looking this year there's every chance we could make if 4 years in a row although every other club will fancy their chances if finishing 3rd or 4th

It goes to show how good a job the Saints manager has done that I have finally witnessed a trolling post from a fan of Super J's based on their success. Usually the supporters from Perth are happy to blend into the background on here.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

A trolling post - Absolutely not! Just pointing we are a club many many will envy and who'll never know what it feels like to follow their club around Europe :)

After the This round we'll Have played 10 matches in Europe over the last few seasons, potentially 12 if we can get passed the Slovakians! A tremendous feat - probably played more European games than a lot of clubs have had in their history ;)

Anyone who uses "enjoy it while it lasts" usually has says it through gritted teeth!

I don't think we'll ever see the clubs mentioned in the original post qualify for Europe three years running!

Killie qualified for Europe in 1997/98, 1998/99 and 1999/00. Unlike Saints, we also won a tie in each of those three seasons. That's on top of a Scottish Cup win in 1997 (which we of course followed up with a League Cup in 2012).

Saints haven't quite managed to live up to that success, but for a tiny club like yours to even think about comparing achievements with a Scottish football goliath like Kilmarnock shows that you're having a impressive little spell at the moment. I think St Johnstone certainly deserve a pat on the head. If you keep this sort of form up you might even force your way on to the list of the top 10 biggest clubs in Scotland.

Top 10, that is the dream!

Killie should be very proud of that achievement! I'm glad one group of fans have been able to prove me wrong, I doubt I'll Be hearing from any Dundee, Partick or St Mirren fans, haha!

Sad to think in Kille's glory years they were seeing 8-9000 at home games! A well supported Club back then but like many, Have seen home crowds suffer!

Archived