Who'll be your surprise star this season?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Naismith. The guy can score, defend and put in a decent cross. Expect him to be one of our better players this season.

Would agree with this. Was saying last night that out of all our young players I think Jason might go on to play at the highest level. A marauding physical full back with composure in the final third is in demand down south, more than a technical creative midfielder is anyway.

Another star for us this season, although I'm not sure it would be much of a surprise would be Gregg Wylde. He's flying in preseason and he's settled in the area and back close to his family.

I think Sammy Clingan could end up a huge player for us this year. He's been with us for some time now, and has shown a good range of passing on a few occasions, although has been unable to nail down a constant place in the first XI. This year, as the most experienced player in what will be a very young midfield I think he's going to be critical to dictate the pace, and hopefully open gaps with passing vision.

This is the year of Grant Gillespie 8)

Is Mark Hill still contracted to Hamilton? I know he'll only be about 15/16, but I remember his name cropping up for an unusually young debut in a reserves game or something...

Is Mark Hill still contracted to Hamilton? I know he'll only be about 15/16, but I remember his name cropping up for an unusually young debut in a reserves game or something...

I think he shot the craw to Celtic a couple of years ago. Don't recall seeing him play for them as yet but he'll still only be 15/16 so you never know

Gary Harkins. Not a surprise to Dundee fans, but a surprise to others as he shows he can do more than just cut it at this level.

I don't hold my breath on that one.

For County, I think Liam "Boycey" Boyce is our complete unknown-quantity. From the looks of pre-season, he does nothing but score. He could be a fantastic signing for us. Of course, he might show that the Northern Irish league is utterly woeful and he's not remotely good enough to make the step up.

I think Sammy Clingan could end up a huge player for us this year. He's been with us for some time now, and has shown a good range of passing on a few occasions, although has been unable to nail down a constant place in the first XI. This year, as the most experienced player in what will be a very young midfield I think he's going to be critical to dictate the pace, and hopefully open gaps with passing vision.

Apparently going to miss first two months of the season with another injury though.

I like Clingan, certainly one of the best players we have, but injuries have plagued his time with us.

Archived