Who'll be your surprise star this season?

I think our 'surprise' player this year will be Josh Law. Already got 2 goals on his debut.

Dom Thomas will be lucky to get a game under McCall and Erwin and Leitch are not first team picks so their contribution is going to be limited unless we get some injuries.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cammy Smith certainly has the potential to be better than Pawlett. Whether it's this season or the next that he fulfils it is debatable. Do expect him to be involved more in league duty this season, especially if we have good runs in the cups again.

Difficult to say. We have 4 young guys from our Academy production line now part of the first team squad all with good reports. The two who got a chance last year (Kelly and Naismith) turned out to be excellent and held down the full back positions all season. Marwood and Caldwell are still young and have showed up well in friendlies so far.

But I think Greg Wylde may be the surprise package as probably little is expected from him but he finished off last season in excellent form and looks like continuing it into this season.

As BoringGuy says Scott Brown will be a star for us this season but the one opposing fans might take notice of is Micheal O Halloran , truly gifted young man when attacking , just needs to work on his defensive game . Hopefully by the end of the season Dylan Easton is getting first team games as well , skillful wee player .

Yeah I really hope Easton can get more chances this season. He stood out against York and looked a very tidy player even in the face of hatchet men chasing him around the park. The fact he was on the bench for Thursday was promising

Sean Dillon. Seriously. Okay so he might not be a surprise but given the injuries to Wilson and Watson, plus the departure of Robertson I think we will be seeing a lot of Dillon this year and hopefully being back at fullback he can have a cracking season. He is an easy target for United fans given some of his performances as a central defender, but he isn't a centre back in a million years. Every time he was asked to play fullback last year he played very well and I hope he gets given a long run of games at right back this year.

Honestly think Brian Graham might surprise a few this year. Whilst Ciftci et al score easy on the eye goals, Graham will bag 15-20 goals through sclaffed shots, miss-timed headers, shinned volleys and clearances going in off his arse.

I think our 'surprise' player this year will be Josh Law. Already got 2 goals on his debut.

Dom Thomas will be lucky to get a game under McCall and Erwin and Leitch are not first team picks so their contribution is going to be limited unless we get some injuries.

Unfortunately I kind of agree.....

IMO Leitch should be a starter at the moment as he is better balanced player than Carswell and certainly looks better than Lasley.

Eamonn Brophy, a young guy with bags of ability and confidence.

Eamonn Brophy is a fantastic name. I would love to see some called Eamonn Brophy doing well.

Scotland needs strong Eamonn Brophys.

Stevie Lawless 8)

Failed to sign a contract last season and saw limited game time due to some niggly injuries and a drop in form.

Still scored some decent goals and provided some assists.

If given more starts he will deliver even to gain that dream move that never transpired last summer...

I agree he could especially since we now have some more muscle in midfield with the Ghanian and Stevenson signed on. Nice to have a contrast in Lawless present to attack defenses.

However I think we keep an eye on Gary Fraser. Archibald stuck by him after his ban last year. He's young but very talented and ended last season well. Could show what he's all about this year with a years more maturity and experience under his belt. I hope so!!!

Gary Fraser leading Scotland to France 16 will be no surprise, imo.

I thought Fraser was going to be the next big thing to come out of Accies, but by all accounts he had a stinking big time Billy attitude which eventually led to him being shown the door. Glad he seems to have sorted himself out, he really is a tremendous prospect.

Chris Johnston.

I'd like to agree, but it totally depends on what AJ plans to do with the formation and the like.

It's a make or break season for him. If he gets the games, and the confidence, he'll do very, very well.

Archived