Who'll be your surprise star this season?

Aidan Connolly and Blair Spittal have looked very promising in pre-season so far and if I had to put money on somebody to be a surprise star for us next year then it'd be one of those two.

Blair Spittal sure. Connolly would be VERY surprising, to me, at least from what I've seen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to suggest Graham too and I wasn't completely joking either. Petrie has been billed as having the same amount of potential as Gauld and Souttar so it could be a very big year for him.

Likelyhood is he'll have the same sort of game time as Gomis though, and talent though he has, he isn't on the Gauld/Souttar level.

Brian Graham, this is the season for the big man! I expect the big man to hit at least 30 this year, sending Super Mario and Ciftci back to Holland with their tails betwen their legs.

On a more serious note, this is a huge season for Dow, I expect him to shine this year, he grew so much as a player in the second half of last season and by my reckoning this will be the year Dow really sets the league on fire.

I also expect Spittal to have a big impact this season, however I doubt it'll be anything like the impact Robertson ( :bairn ) had.

Blair Spittal sure. Connolly would be VERY surprising, to me, at least from what I've seen.

I'm only basing that on the one friendly I've managed to see so far and that was the Forfar one where I was quite impressed with him. He's already started to get a bit of game time at the end of late year so I'm looking forward to potentially seeing more of him.

Likelyhood is he'll have the same sort of game time as Gomis though, and talent though he has, he isn't on the Gauld/Souttar level.

Very possibly if Paton and Rankin stay fit and keep up their form from last season. I haven't seen a lot of Petrie to honestly compare him to Gauld and Souttar but the likes of Stevie Campbell on arabzone have repeatedly made a point of putting Petrie in the same bracket Souttar and Gauld when talking about the young talent coming through.

James McPake. He's going to be that guy with the sense to boot a ball away that our other defenders don't seem to have. In the games he has played so far he's looked way fitter than I anticipated.

Wighton has a big test so it'll be interesting to see how he performs. A few good signs from pre-season.

We may have a good few as Ronny is known to stick youngsters in at the deep end.

Stefan Johansen I think has done well in a short period of time but those who don't go to games and other fans have yet to really notice his contribution much, I feel he will be a mainstay come the end of the season.

As BoringGuy says Scott Brown will be a star for us this season but the one opposing fans might take notice of is Micheal O Halloran , truly gifted young man when attacking , just needs to work on his defensive game . Hopefully by the end of the season Dylan Easton is getting first team games as well , skillful wee player .

Aberdeen-wise it may be Scott Wright. Only 16 and already made his debut - I think he'll get a start sooner rather than later.

High hopes for him to overtake some of our establishd players in the pecking order

Archived