Who'll be your surprise star this season?

I think Craig slater and Lee Ashcroft are going to come on better this year. However they may struggle to get game time regularly since our CB and CM pairings will mostly be Paska/Connolly and Hamill/Clingan respectively. I also think Rory McKenzie will score 10/15 goals.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I kind of agree.....

IMO Leitch should be a starter at the moment as he is better balanced player than Carswell and certainly looks better than Lasley.

Leitch has had one really good game against Celtic but other than that I wouldn't say he has really stood out from the ordinary. Don't think you can say he "certainly looks better than Lasley" who was our best player last season.

Craig Wighton.

Coin toss with Kevin McDonald as to being the best 16 year old I've seen play for Dundee.

He doesn't look up to it physically yet for me. Seems incredibly similar to May at that age

He doesn't look up to it physically yet for me. Seems incredibly similar to May at that age

Both the lad's first touch and awareness of what's going on around him are absolutely incredible. I'm sure Hartley will use him sparingly this season, though.

Craig Wighton.

Coin toss with Kevin McDonald as to being the best 16 year old I've seen play for Dundee.

Both the lad's first touch and awareness of what's going on around him are absolutely incredible. I'm sure Hartley will use him sparingly this season, though.

McDonald was a bigger laddie so got away with a bit more but I think Wighton is better technically and as you've said, his awareness is well in advance of his years. They're different types of player so it's difficult to compare. I didn't really see May at that age so I can't really say how they compare but I'd be more than happy if he follows a similar path. If Wighton keeps his head down and keeps learning he'll be a great prospect, he seems to be doing that and form what I've heard he's pretty grounded which is good to see. I hope for his sake as well as the club's that he realises his potential, there's been plenty talented young Scottish footballers who've blown it so it would be good to see one go on and do well.

Leitch has had one really good game against Celtic but other than that I wouldn't say he has really stood out from the ordinary. Don't think you can say he "certainly looks better than Lasley" who was our best player last season.

My point was tongue in cheek YB after the penalties of recent weeks given away by our illustrious leader.

Unfair I feel saying Leitch has one good game think he has looked more than able in a few games. IMO he looks a very very balanced midfielder and a very good prospect.

Messi looked past it at the World Cup. Another season with us and Ryan Christie will be off to FC Barcelona. (Maybe.)

That would show a startling lack of ambition. Lad should be looking to play at far higher level than that. Stoke, or Crewe, or Dundee perhaps.

Archived