Living in East Central Scotland, I have a lot of football on my doorstep. (The kids in the street don’t have a very good aim). Despite being a regular attendee at certain professional teams, and season tickets for many years, I now take a more picky view of what to go and watch. My games in England dried up a bit last year, but hopefully I can change that this season. Provided I am still allowed across the border post September 18th.

Given the amount of games I attend, I’ve decided to start a blog on the games I go to. I’m aware that this may be of no interest to anybody, but it will act as a useful reminder for me at least where I was.

For anyone who is reading this, don’t expect loads of reports of major fixtures. Although I expect there will be some games of a certain magnitude, the likely majority will be games in the East Super League, East Premier League (and cup competitions), Lowland League and I expect some games form the top Leagues in Scotland and maybe England.

Some reports are likely to be incredibly biased, but I’ll try to remain fair in the vast majority of cases.

My opening one includes Whitehill Welfare, Vale of Leithen and Gala Fairydean Rovers games.

http://wandywatson.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/football-season-201415-first-pre-season-games/

Just for the record we produced 3 programmes for 3 games in 6 days despite the editor and manager being away on holiday. The editorial is different in each, 2 pages of news, 2 detailed pages on the opposition, different quizzes and details on the front and back cover.

I've been to 11 friendlies this season, most far bigger than any of these games and hardly even seen a programme.

I was delighted that programmes were produced. And it was only £1.

But you forgot to mention that ?

You also forgot to mention that ww were 2nd best non league programme last season.

Some clubs dont even have a programme and some are full of advertisements?

Anyways makes for interesting reading with the odd criticism thrown in :D

I think the boy Wandy did, eh, pretty good. Obviously liked oor club enough to come 3 times.

Come back in the season Wandy when we do a proper programme with colour and match photies, and come and chat to some of the guys in the club.

Unfortunate mix- up with the ko time, it was in the local paper on Wednesday as 230, so on the Friday night it was announced on Facebook to suit that, rather than start at 2 and have people turning up late.

Seems I've hit a nerve. Maybe best not to include WW in any future reviews!

Not at all friend.

Its all aboot opinions.

As I said makes for interesting reading and yer photos are good as well.

What's yer location today,there's a good game again up at rosewell.

I'm sure you'll be made welcome ;)

Seems I've hit a nerve. Maybe best not to include WW in any future reviews!

It wasnae what I was wanting to read after spending most of yesterday stuck inside pissing about doing another programme when it was 26 degrees outside!

Don't be silly get yourself back along. Your site is a good read keep it up.

Really decent game today, WW 2 Nitten 2. 4 goals in the second half, WW ahead twice through Somerville and Manson before Renton equalised in stoppage time.

Thought it was an impressive WW performance Mantis. Some heroics from the Star keeper Renton thought it was harsh to lose the late goal.

It was Arniston against Gala Fairydean Rovers. Good game. Finished 3-3. A few changes to the last time I saw AR. Big guy playing up front looked like he might be good addition. Lumbert Kataleza again looked as though he could easily be playing at a higher level and a ginger bloke in midfield looked very competitive. I don't know if players are missing, but they are lacking pace at the back. I reckon ARniston will do pretty well this season. They finished strongly last year.

Archived