I have decided to vote.....

GalaKev

Why not try and address some of the points made then?

It's all projection. There are no set answers to these questions.
No say there won't be a currency union, Yes in return say there will be as it's in interest of the rUk and WM are just looking to sway voters.
Who do you believe Yes or No?
Same with the EU, it's all speculation. Scotland can't approach the EU to get a definitive answer on whether or not we will gain access straight away. The UK need to do it on our behalf and they have refused.
Wade through the bullshit and choose a side.
Unknown questions also exist with a No vote.
What will happen if we leave the EU? If the BoE do increase the interest rate to 3pc in 2015 year will I still be able to afford my mortgage? Will the continued selling off of NHS services in England happen in Scotland? Can we expect to see an end to the bedroom tax soon?
I'd like to know these before I vote No. I have some more btw.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) No say there won't be a currency union, Yes in return say there will be as it's in interest of the rUk and WM are just looking to sway voters.

2) Same with the EU, it's all speculation. Scotland can't approach the EU to get a definitive answer on whether or not we will gain access straight away. The UK need to do it on our behalf and they have refused.
3) Will the continued selling off of NHS services in England happen in Scotland?

1) It's in neither Scotland or the UK's interest. The best bet for Scotland would be it's own currency. And even that is a massive gamble.

2) This question has already been answered. Scotland would need to apply. The terms would not be as favourable as what the UK currently has.

3) It's already happening in Scotland.

1) It's in neither Scotland or the UK's interest. The best bet for Scotland would be it's own currency. And even that is a massive gamble.

Says who?

2) This question has already been answered. Scotland would need to apply. The terms would not be as favourable as what the UK currently has.

Again source?

3) It's already happening in Scotland.

The currency union is a gamble. I am doubtful it will happen as I can see a lot of rUK opposition to it. It could be political suicide to the PM that agrees to it.

It's almost like asking a burd for a loan of some cash after you've dumped her.

I don't know why Salmond refuses to set out a plan B. He's made a few mistakes and this is one of them. Calling people's bluff is either brilliant or stupid.

I think it would be in our best interests to start our own currency. I would like to see us going that way even if we start with a Sterling Union.

If you want Ladbrokes were taking bets on whether Scotland will form a currency union with the rUK. Yes 1/100 - No 1/5

1) Says who?

2) Again source?

1) It's my opinion. The UK's total trade from Scotland is just 10% so its worth a slight increase in costs compared to the risks of a currency union. The UK's largest trading partner is the USA yet no one in the UK is arguing for a currency union with them. So why with Scotland? The Nationalist argument that "its in the UK's best interests" is false. It won't make much a difference to the UK so the idea of a currency union is a complete non-starter.

2) The president of the European Commission.

I don't know why Salmond refuses to set out a plan B. He's made a few mistakes and this is one of them. Calling people's bluff is either brilliant or stupid.

I think it would be in our best interests to start our own currency. I would like to see us going that way even if we start with a Sterling Union.

Agreed, but it'll be an unstable currency and very risky. This is probably why Salmond refuses to talk about it as it will do nothing to convince people to vote Yes.

And with 70% of the nations trade going to the UK there would be a lot of extra costs for Scottish businesses.

Financially a Yes vote does not make good business sense. Things are fine the way they are in that respect.

WTF?

How? :lol:

Well you said something along the lines of only caring about Scotland and not England, particularly in a debate about team GB a few weeks back. You've made a couple of "Scottish not British" type comments. Really disgusting and disappointing because you're a sound guy imo.

Well you said something along the lines of only caring about Scotland and not England, particularly in a debate about team GB a few weeks back. You've made a couple of "Scottish not British" type comments. Really disgusting and disappointing because you're a sound guy imo.

I don't really get this type of argument. I think it is perfectly natural for Scots to consider themselves Scottish before British and to care more about Scotland than England. I'm a proud Scot, I have English friends and relatives, I bare no ill will to any English individual but whilst Scotland remains under Westminster rule, I will resent England.

I honestly believe, that were Scotland to gain independence, this resentment would cease to the extent that I would no longer give a rat's ass whether they won the World Cup or not. Whilst this Country is governed, by what I consider to be a foreign power, I will resent that foreign power and that has fk all to do with racism.

BTW. whichever way it goes, I accept I am also and always will be British. Great Britain is a strip of land we share with England & Wales, which is part of The British Isles. Scots will always be British, in the same way as Norwegians will always be Scandinavian.

I don't really get this type of argument. I think it is perfectly natural for Scots to consider themselves Scottish before British and to care more about Scotland than England. I'm a proud Scot, I have English friends and relatives, I bare no ill will to any English individual but whilst Scotland remains under Westminster rule, I will resent England.

I honestly believe, that were Scotland to gain independence, this resentment would cease to the extent that I would no longer give a rat's ass whether they won the World Cup or not. Whilst this Country is governed, by what I consider to be a foreign power, I will resent that foreign power and that has fk all to do with racism.

BTW. whichever way it goes, I accept I am also and always will be British. Great Britain is a strip of land we share with England & Wales, which is part of The British Isles. Scots will always be British, in the same way as Norwegians will always be Scandinavian.

^^^ Vile ethnic Nationalist.

You're clearly joking here as you're not that much of a moron.

I really don't see myself as British, and yet I love England as a country. Its a fantastic country with some great people - its just not my country.

^^^ Total pish. I welcome all to be part of an independent Scotland. Poles, Asians, Africans & English, I'm of Italian descent myself as it happens. You are either - as pandarilla suggests - joking, unable to read, lacking in comprehension skills or an utter fanny.

Thank God the no side finally have a guy that can make a bit of an effort. I'd say Ad Lib, but he at least claims to be a sceptical yes voter. And then you've got trolls like H_B and Mr Bairn that long since descended in name calling and whataboutery and the Brit Nats like Rodger and Pundit

Hopefully this guy sticks around and doesn't get scared into troll mode like some of his predecessors

Oops :lol:

What a complete and utter fanny you are. Ad Fib aside, it wouldn't surprise me if all the names mentioned above are one and the same.

So sad Mr Bairn... So sad :lol:

What a complete and utter fanny you are. Ad Fib aside, it wouldn't surprise me if all the names mentioned above are one and the same.

The difference being that most of the no lads like Mr Bairn are deliberately trolling, whereas you and the rest of the kool aid krew are genuinely that stupid.

I thought he was just drifting into third person mode. But when I read it again it does look more and more like a big oops...

The difference being that most of the no lads like Mr Bairn are deliberately trolling, whereas you and the rest of the kool aid krew are genuinely that stupid.

I'm not stupid. And thankfully I'm not a sad psychotic c**t like you. Cheers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A straw poll conducted by H_B and Mr Bairn among others named you the thickest poster in the clown collective

Oh dear Mr Bairn. Are you addicted to the feeling of everyone thinking you're a dick?

Are you Mark McGhee?

Archived