Bbc Bias

hearthammer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the bbcs twitter yesterday just after the miley swim :rolleyes:

england wins silver BBC Sport @BBCSport Aimee Willmott wins silver for England behind @HannahMiley89 in the #Glasgow2014

However remember we are a bunch of paranoid nats and the bbc is fair ;)

post-12065-0-28521200-1406323376_thumb.p

You're welcome.

PS - for those unfamiliar, the order of Tweets on a timeline is bottom-up.

To be honest, I was thinking the opposite the last two nights whilst watching the swimming. Certainly the TV coverage, commentators and pundits has been heavily geared towards Scotland first and foremost. By far the most even/fair coverage I have seen from the beeb in a long time.

I'd say they've been going on about Scottish athletes more than English ones. The Home Nations always get the most publicity, followed by the host nation. Scotland are both and are getting plenty of coverage accordingly, can't see any real problem tbh.

The BBC bias where they show & highlight the english successes is unbelievable with prolonged interviews, etc, I know i'm not alone thinking this ..??????????????

Opinions please

dry your eyes shitebag

I'd say they've been going on about Scottish athletes more than English ones. The Home Nations always get the most publicity, followed by the host nation. Scotland are both and are getting plenty of coverage accordingly, can't see any real problem tbh.

I agree tbh. The BBC are welts but the coverage has been decent so far.

I'm utterly shocked a broadcasting company would possibly consider pandering to the majority of their audience. Shocking behaviour

To be honest, I was thinking the opposite the last two nights whilst watching the swimming. Certainly the TV coverage, commentators and pundits has been heavily geared towards Scotland first and foremost. By far the most even/fair coverage I have seen from the beeb in a long time.

I agree tbh. The BBC are welts but the coverage has been decent so far.

These.

There has been a definite lean towards Scottish athletes and Scottish coverage, to think otherwise is laughable. The only slight gripe I have is that they are maybe sometimes too cringey about the 'Scottish atmosphere' and the 'lovely warm welcome we have received' they mention that in almost every interview and at every opportunity. But to be fair they were always on about it in London too.

Archived