Season Ticket Sales

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee fans goodwill ran out a long time ago. If we were run correctly I'd say we'd be slightly above United. As it is we'll sell around 3700-4000. Give us a couple of years in the top flight with sustainable management and we'll be nearer 5000, maybe slightly more but that's still a long way off with as big a basket case as out club has tended to be over the years.

I reckon we'll take a few years to catch up with the Arabs Ludo, and that's if things continue on the up and up. They've been the more successful club in recent history and that's what's going to attract people who don't have a tie to either club. If we win a cup and consistently make the top 6 then maybe in 10 years we would catch them up, if their fortunes took a dip then it might accelerate things but in the short term I think they'll stay ahead of us in the ST/attendance stakes. Just my opinion on the future but the fact that they outsell us now can't really be disputed sadly. :( I prefer to think of us as being more exclusive than United. 8)

If we crack the 4000 for this season's ST's that would be a really good start but I reckon we'll be under it. It would be interesting to see the breakdown of the ST's, ie kiddie/full/concession to see who's buying them, saying we have X season tickets may not be as good as it sounds if a large number of them are kiddy ones just for the finances.

I think Motherwell are around the 3,300 mark. However I usually sit behind the largest man in Lanarkshire so if chooses to spend his cash in the Hup Lee instead of Fir Park every Saturday then it may drop to 3,200.

Dundee have much bigger crowds than us, unfortunately for them they are shit at football.

Football should really be played in the stands IMO.

In all seriousness, it must be pretty embarrassing to have such a financial advantage over us yet still be miles behind, we play European ties while they take pre-season games against fourth tier English sides seriously

I admire any diddy club fans from the wos. It would be so easy to support one of the old firm. Most of the folk I know in dundee support us or United. I know a few **** and **** but none actually go anymore. I'm sure this will change once rangers get promoted.

In all seriousness, it must be pretty embarrassing to have such a financial advantage over us yet still be miles behind, we play European ties while they take pre-season games against fourth tier English sides seriously

With that cup win, you'd have to say St Johnstone are currently the top team in Tayside.

Reminds me of the time Ric Flair won the Royal Rumble.

fishing_catch.jpg

It does of course help that you have an extremely generous owner and your club has been steadily built by him to support the fantastic position you're in now. I know I don't need to tell you that if it was just down to bums on seats you wouldn't be in such a lofty position. St. Johnstone are in a really good place right now and I'm pleased for you, I always like to see a 'wee' team do well (no offence intented, I'm quite jealous in fact).

Your churlish attitude does you no credit despite this being a fishing trip.

I reckon we'll take a few years to catch up with the Arabs Ludo, and that's if things continue on the up and up. They've been the more successful club in recent history and that's what's going to attract people who don't have a tie to either club. If we win a cup and consistently make the top 6 then maybe in 10 years we would catch them up, if their fortunes took a dip then it might accelerate things but in the short term I think they'll stay ahead of us in the ST/attendance stakes. Just my opinion on the future but the fact that they outsell us now can't really be disputed sadly. :( I prefer to think of us as being more exclusive than United. 8)

If we crack the 4000 for this season's ST's that would be a really good start but I reckon we'll be under it. It would be interesting to see the breakdown of the ST's, ie kiddie/full/concession to see who's buying them, saying we have X season tickets may not be as good as it sounds if a large number of them are kiddy ones just for the finances.

In the past 14 year (just counting this millennium) we've not had real stability for even a year. Give Dundee a steady stream of stability and a little bit of success over say 3-4 seasons and I'd say we'd have caught up with United in terms of attendance. We've got a long way to go in matching them in other categories though. Off the field, I can't really think of better run teams than our two fellow Tayside chums. Even if we had a talent that was better than Gauld, I couldn't see someone at Dens having the bottle to hold out for something like 3million. Credit to United and to a certain extent St Johnstone, they've got their off the field matters sorted down to a tee and that helps massively on the pitch.

fishing_catch.jpg

It does of course help that you have an extremely generous owner and your club has been steadily built by him to support the fantastic position you're in now. I know I don't need to tell you that if it was just down to bums on seats you wouldn't be in such a lofty position. St. Johnstone are in a really good place right now and I'm pleased for you, I always like to see a 'wee' team do well (no offence intented, I'm quite jealous in fact).

Your churlish attitude does you no credit despite this being a fishing trip.

We'd probably be down with Clyde if it hadn't been for Geoff Brown tbh. Hes not put any money into our running costs though, in fact he's only ever put money into us once which he got back within 12 months. I'm not really sure how we've managed to become as "good" as we have, having a ridiculously good run of managers and signings lately I suspect

In the past 14 year (just counting this millennium) we've not had real stability for even a year. Give Dundee a steady stream of stability and a little bit of success over say 3-4 seasons and I'd say we'd have caught up with United in terms of attendance. We've got a long way to go in matching them in other categories though. Off the field, I can't really think of better run teams than our two fellow Tayside chums. Even if we had a talent that was better than Gauld, I couldn't see someone at Dens having the bottle to hold out for something like 3million. Credit to United and to a certain extent St Johnstone, they've got their off the field matters sorted down to a tee and that helps massively on the pitch.

Good post, I think your 3 to 4 seasons is maybe a tad optimistic but thats just my take, I think winning something, in reality a cup would help speed up any increase. It might bring in some lapsed Dees but to generate new fans we're talking a few years before a young lad goes from picking a club to support and then being able to go along to the football potentially. I'd be delighted in 3 or 4 years time if you cast this post up to show what a dick I am, it would mean we're doing fantastically well but it took the Arabs a wee while to steal our mantle I believe (before my time really).

Dundee fans goodwill ran out a long time ago. If we were run correctly I'd say we'd be slightly above United. As it is we'll sell around 3700-4000. Give us a couple of years in the top flight with sustainable management and we'll be nearer 5000, maybe slightly more but that's still a long way off with as big a basket case as out club has tended to be over the years.

Nae bather, Ludo!

Nothing worse than false modesty. If Dundee hadn't been totally shite for the last 40 years they'd be miles ahead of United.

Nothing worse than false modesty. If Dundee hadn't been totally shite for the last 40 years they'd be miles ahead of United.

We've been 'totally shite' because we've had fraudsters and con men in charge for the past 40 years. 40 years of false hope whilst United were in European finals, administrations while United were winning the SC yet there's what? Little more than 1000 - 2000 between our core home supports.

We've been 'totally shite' because we've had fraudsters and con men in charge for the past 40 years. 40 years of false hope whilst United were in European finals, administrations while United were winning the SC yet there's what? Little more than 1000 - 2000 between our core home supports.

40 years of lining the pockets of fraudsters and con men?

So that's where the Sevco fans got their ideas from.

I take it Dundee fans were the ones who invented the term "sleeping giants" to describe a club whos only had one relatively average period of success in their entire history yet somehow believe they're destined to get to the very top

I take it Dundee fans were the ones who invented the term "sleeping giants" to describe a club whos only had one relatively average period of success in their entire history yet somehow believe they're destined to get to the very top

Trying way to hard tonight mate, making an arse of yourself.....just leave it, go for a walk or something if you're bored.

Archived