People You Dislike For No Proper Reason

18 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Ben Ando - BBC news. Every time I hear his name an ABBA song plays in my head.

Used to like Martin Sixmith's sign off when Moscow correspondent for the Beeb, sounded like "Martin Sixsmith;  must go." Followed by "In other news, a duck has had an eventful time on a skateboard!".

Edited by welshbairn

Sunday morning and I usually listen to "Desert Island Discs" on the radio as easy listening for someone with a hangover. 

But Kirsty Young has taken a break and the new presenter is Lauren Laverne. 

Thing is, there's something about Laverne that I just don't like. I mean, wid definitely, but hearing her on the radio just annoys me. 

• 2 weeks later...

that Japanese sort who beat Serena Williams in the US Open final

i have no doubt that she is a dedicated, motivated and accomplished athlete (blah, blah, blah...) but on the clips from her interview with Ellen de Generis, she comes across as a right whiny, pathetic f**k, with a really irritating voice too...

9 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

that Japanese sort who beat Serena Williams in the US Open final

i have no doubt that she is a dedicated, motivated and accomplished athlete (blah, blah, blah...) but on the clips from her interview with Ellen de Generis, she comes across as a right whiny, pathetic f**k, with a really irritating voice too...

What’s a Japanese “ sort”?

On 29/08/2018 at 15:38, Highland Capital said:

The dull, boring monotone demeanour and the way he'd start crying at the opening of a bag of crisps.  Don't like him.

can imagine him being a pest on the drink.

can also imagine him being an awkward b*****d 

3 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Not saying there’s not , but still cringey as f**k 

true enough - it has to be said with a pwopah nawty Danny Dyer type voice to be slightly less cringey - but then you'd just sound like a cockney twat, which is even worse...

People on singing/talent shows or much to my dislike cooking competitions who feel the need to ‘cry’ and talk about how much this means to them every second. I used to love watching the Australian version of masterchef but it’s become an absolute mockery of itself with folk reduced to tears because their chocolate mouse hasn’t set properly etc. Fucking really grinds my gears.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

People on singing/talent shows or much to my dislike cooking competitions who feel the need to ‘cry’ and talk about how much this means to them every second. I used to love watching the Australian version of masterchef but it’s become an absolute mockery of itself with folk reduced to tears because their chocolate mouse hasn’t set properly etc. Fucking really grinds my gears.

The bake-off show annoys me but I’m forced to watch it now and again. They all seem like really good bakers but can’t get the basics right like cooking it for long enough? Would you not just make up a wee book of how long it takes and then use the rest of the time for presentation etc?

Dont cry over making basic mistakes. No wonder you are getting telt.

Would like to see a reverse show where the experts get served dug meat or pot noodles done in a fancy way then tell them they are full of shit.