People You Dislike For No Proper Reason

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
24 minutes ago, Shotgun said:
I'm always intrigued as to why The Ramones are classified as "punk". Unless it's in the same sense that the Bay City Rollers were "punk".

Were the Bay City Rollers ever classed as punk!?! Where did this occur? The Ramones were decent enough and Blitzkreig Bop is a tune but The New York Dolls they were not.

My flabber is somewhat gasted at this point but let me try to explain.

1. I'm intrigued as to why The Ramones are continually referred to as "punk" when in my not at all humble opinion they're about as bubblegum pop as it gets.
2. In an attempt at humour, I compared them to the least "punk" band I could think of. The Bay City Rollers were the first to come to mind. Obviously they aren't punk and neither are The Ramones.

But then in an astonishing plot twist, Ziggy explained that The Ramones were heavily influenced by The Bay City Rollers.

I'm not sure if that strengthens or weakens my point but...
3. If The Ramones are indeed punk, then The Bay City Rollers could well be punk too.

I feel decidedly unsettled right now and am hoping this is all a bad dream.

Edited by Shotgun

Guest Moomintroll
My flabber is somewhat gasted at this point but let me try to explain.
1. I'm intrigued as to why The Ramones are continually referred to as "punk" when in my not at all humble opinion they're about as bubblegum pop as it gets.
2. In an attempt at humour, I compared them to the least "punk" band I could think of. The Bay City Rollers were the first to come to mind. Obviously they aren't punk and neither are The Ramones.
But then in an astonishing plot twist, Ziggy explained that The Ramones were heavily influenced by The Bay City Rollers.
Ergo...
3. If The Ramones are indeed punk, then The Bay City Rollers could well be punk too.
I feel decidedly unsettled right now and am hoping this is all a bad dream.
I was equally confused as to the link to BCR, my flabber is gasted too as my original post indicates, US punk was The Stooges, Television and New York Dolls for me. To be fair though my musical tastes are mod, northern soul and reggae so what do I know.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've been spending a lot of time in doors recently, watching too much telly and if I ever see this irritating wee cùnt again, it will be a day too soon. 

2018-03-18-15-33-33--390595905.jpeg

Not only is that massively irritating, it's also creepy as f**k as well as terribly done. Up there with the Riverdancing dog in terms of abysmal advert CGI

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Countryfile should be a good show but I don't like it because of the presenters. I can tolerate the wid wifie but that Matt Baker is a cock.

The BBC pick a golden child and put them on every show going. 

Apart from it being about smelly country bumpkins and homicidal farmers.

I took an irrational dislike to the student lassie sitting across from me on the Aberdeen train today who kept fiddling with her hair. I felt like telling her, out of badness, that she'd missed the grey one. 

I took an irrational dislike to the student lassie sitting across from me on the Aberdeen train today who kept fiddling with her hair. I felt like telling her, out of badness, that she'd missed the grey one. 

Train tables are great for this. Boot them in the pie and then innocently act like nothing happened, just like the whole Kicking Bishop Brennan Up the Arse thing. By the time she clocked that you must have done it, she'll have no evidence or a clue where you've gone.

You're welcome.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Train tables are great for this. Boot them in the pie and then just act like nothing happened, just like the whole Kicking Bishop Brennan Up the Arse thing. By the time she clocked that you did indeed do it, you'll be miles away.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately still facing each other.