People You Dislike For No Proper Reason

That square jawed, over toothed, product in the cinch adverts. 

As clear an idication as any of what exactly is wrong with 'celebrity' britain. 

Worse than fucking corden FFS!!!! :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

That square jawed, over toothed, product in the cinch adverts. 

As clear an idication as any of what exactly is wrong with 'celebrity' britain. 

Worse than fucking corden FFS!!!! :lol: 

Excuse me, NOBODY's worse than Corden, but your sentiment is 100% valid and the cinch/sky bingo cretin epitomises everything that is wrong with anyone who has ever appeared on any type of tv programme, particularly "reality/talent" ones, as being a "celebrity".  God, i feel dirty after even typing that word.

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Probably done already but Matt Lucas. Talentless waste of space. Grrrrrrr..........

Bob Mortimer rates him. 

I liked his pussywagon character in the comedy sketch show based in an airport. Cannae mind the title. 

9 hours ago, Empty It said:
On 27/10/2021 at 13:56, Florentine_Pogen said:
Probably done already but Matt Lucas. Talentless waste of space. Grrrrrrr..........

99% of his "comedy" was racist nonsense. Little Britain was by far the worst thing on TV at the time.

Not the only one. There was a period from the mid-90s onwards where repeated catchphrases replaced jokes as alleged comedy. The Fast Show was a prime example - characters saying the same thing over and over again was apparently funny. Little Britain the same. 

On 19/10/2021 at 13:23, KingRocketman II said:

what was the last funny thing he was in? Dawn French. 

But that doesn't work as she is as about as funny as he is. 

Lenny Henry - sign of my age but I remember when he broke through on New Faces with a routine that was pretty similar to fellow winner Jim Davidson, I also remember when Billy Connolly was a Partick Thistle fan.

Oh and was Dawn French ever funny?

Edited by btb

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Not the only one. There was a period from the mid-90s onwards where repeated catchphrases replaced jokes as alleged comedy. The Fast Show was a prime example - characters saying the same thing over and over again was apparently funny. Little Britain the same. 

It's a trend that comes around every few decades. I remember John Cleese saying that the main thing the Pythons agreed on was that they didn't want to make the style of comedy that had been huge for most of their lives up 'til then - people wandering into scenes and repeating catchphrases over and over again. It seems like the old music hall shows were basically that and people's trousers falling down.

The Fast Show even had the cheek to have an unfunny music hall character who repeated catchphrases constantly, like they knew it was shite and wanted to claim irony.

Spoiler

I did love The Fast Show, and probably still would if I saw it again, but I'd be buggered if I could explain why.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

What did I say Roy?

• Hedgecutter changed the title to People You Dislike For No Proper Reason (sponsored by: Orgasmi Gizmo)