People You Dislike For No Proper Reason

I got a general rule of thumb that UK players who go abroad to play and actually seem to enjoy it are probably good guys. Same with folk who try and broaden their horizons a bit in general.

(By abroad I mean foreign cultures. Not folk who rock up to Australia or Marbella and just treat it like Troon with better weather)
Joey Barton?

Nick Knowles. Always sound with the poor souls on DIY SOS but wouldn't worry me if he fell off the scaffold.
It's his voice that annoys me. Only recently discovered he wasn't Australian.

7 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
12 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
I got a general rule of thumb that UK players who go abroad to play and actually seem to enjoy it are probably good guys. Same with folk who try and broaden their horizons a bit in general.

(By abroad I mean foreign cultures. Not folk who rock up to Australia or Marbella and just treat it like Troon with better weather)

Joey Barton?

He ez, how you say, a good lad?

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
Nick Knowles. Always sound with the poor souls on DIY SOS but wouldn't worry me if he fell off the scaffold.

It's his voice that annoys me. Only recently discovered he wasn't Australian.

And his stupid Sid James laugh. Damn him!

14 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I was just wondering if Kallum Higginbotham is still stuck in Covid and military rule lockdown in Kashmir. He was about the last player I'd have imagined to handle foreign parts, fair play to him. Was impressed by Alan Gow's adventures in India too, he was meant to have signed for an Iranian team after but I don't think it came together. We haven't got a great record of players plying their trade abroad and making a success of it, maybe I'm just thinking of players who I remember from their Falkirk days. Might start a thread. 

Edited by welshbairn

On 05/06/2020 at 00:59, welshbairn said:

I was just wondering if Kallum Higginbotham is still stuck in Covid and military rule lockdown in Kashmir. He was about the last player I'd have imagined to handle foreign parts, fair play to him. Was impressed by Alan Gow's adventures in India too, he was meant to have signed for an Iranian team after but I don't think it came together. We haven't got a great record of players plying their trade abroad and making a success of it, maybe I'm just thinking of players who I remember from their Falkirk days. Might start a thread. 

He made it back in peak lockdown. Tbh I think he would suit a war zone

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Dread to think what they'd find if anyone checked those outbuildings you can see out of the window.

I might actually go for a wee walk down that way before work. 

Hopefully finds me some gold. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I might actually go for a wee walk down that way before work. 

Hopefully finds me some gold. 

I still have no idea who it is. Saw the face on the riot thread too but quite busy at work and not been able to give it my full attention. 

If you walk that way though you will almost certainly end up like this:

gimp-ee54e5b3c86ab254c06b88b8c67b46dda44

• 2 weeks later...