Best player you've seen play against your club?

Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney and, in particular, Paul Scholes tore the living shite out of our midfield in Scott Thomson's testimonial against a Man Utd XI circa 2008, I'm sure Cristiano Ronaldo had to pull out of the trip altogether at the last minute.

That game against Arsenal.I expected reserves as per usual in friendlies and was shocked at the team they put out.Then they took some international players off and brought other ones on.It was like men against boys but they were great to watch.

I have been supporting Ayr United forever (or what seems like forever) and that Paul Pogba performance was in a class of its own. Even players like Dalglish never produced a performance like that against Ayr. I will never forget a ball coming to Pogba at head height and he managed to trap it stone dead. You'd have thought it physically impossible. Fergie wasn't too prone to making mistakes but he made a major mistake by letting Pogba go.

• 7 years later...
16 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Seen George Best play against us but was in his fat boozed up days at Hibs

so it has be Włodzimierz Lubański of Gornik, 

Hi Włodzimierz!

* waves at Włodzimierz

For me, it’s Fabrizio Ravinelli. I’ve only just discovered the hat trick he scored against Clyde, first time I’ve ever seen it since that night. 

That’s despite that ridiculously good Man Utd team that came to Broadwood in 2005. Mental how many superstars were there that day. 

MANCHESTER UNITED (first half): Van der Sar, McShane, Richardson, Pique, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Jones, Kleberson, Rossi, Saha, Park. (second half): Howard, Bardsley, Eckersley, Smith, O’Shea, Silvestre, Miller, Rooney, Scholes, van Nistelrooy, Giggs.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv