Best player you've seen play against your club?

Nicked this from the Championship forum. Who is the best player you've seen play against your club? Hopefully the answers will be a little less predictable than some of the Championship ones.

For me, the best player I've seen play against Ayr was Paul Pogba in a friendly versus a Man United XI a couple of years ago. Thomas Kuszczak and Darron Gibson were the other notable players to feature and Man United won 1-0 through an excellent long-range effort from Football Manager favourite Oliver Norwood.

Over to you.

Edited by Meathead

Thierry Henry in a friendly at East End back in 2001. Finished Pars 0-3 Arsenal.

Can see the goals here in awful quality. Thierry involved in all of them. One of the best players I've seen in my lifetime and definitely my absolute favourite player.

Saw Linfield play Flamengo in the 1980's, (would need to dig out the programme to see who played), but they were absolutely magnificent and played a different game entirely. This was one of the greatest ever Linfield sides who had beaten Southampton and pushed Everton all the way, not to mention narrowly losing 5-4 to Panathinaikos in the European Cup, but the Brazilians were from a different planet and we could only stand and marvel at what we were watching as they horsed us 4-0.

One of my all time favourite football memories as it was a joy to watch football being played like that.

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

f**k Larrson.

For me it was Soloman Kalou in a friendly against Feyenoord at East End which they won 2-8. He was exceptional and constantly tore us apart.

Wasn't Soloman it was his brother Bonaventure who tore us apart. In my opinion either Ryan Giggs or Nwankwo Kanu who just took the piss in the aforementioned Arsenal match.

f**k Larrson.

For me it was B Kalou in a friendly against Feyenoord at East End which they won 2-8. He was exceptional and constantly tore us apart.

You've resurrected a long buried memory. I was at that game and it was a truly fantastic performance.

You've resurrected a long buried memory. I was at that game and it was a truly fantastic performance.

I think it was about 12 years ago! I mind it was 2-2 at half time. Peter Van Vossen managed a trademark miss as well, although he did score a couple I think. But aye, for a friendly Feyenoord didn't hold back. I was also at the aforementioned Arsenal game and after going 3 up Arsenal just treated it as a training session. They could have had 10 or more if they wanted that night, and that's not a knock on what was a decent Pars team (although fucking Eddie May was one of the players on the front of the programme).

I think it was about 12 years ago! I mind it was 2-2 at half time. Peter Van Vossen managed a trademark miss as well, although he did score a couple I think. But aye, for a friendly Feyenoord didn't hold back. I was also at the aforementioned Arsenal game and after going 3 up Arsenal just treated it as a training session. They could have had 10 or more if they wanted that night, and that's not a knock on what was a decent Pars team (although fucking Eddie May was one of the players on the front of the programme).

Was in 2000/01 that we played Arsenal and Feyenoord. I remember the North Stand laughing at Ian Ferguson telling another Pars player to "get intae that skinny wee b*****d" pointing at Lauren.

From that Arsenal game, Henry, Kanu and Vieira stuck out. They're up there, as is Giggs, but I'm going to say Paul Scholes. His range of passing, and the ease in which he made it look, was remarkable. For me, one of the finest midfield players of his generation.

I mind in the Feyenoord game Junior Mendes having a great first half. 2-2 at half-time was great, but by God they ripped into us in the second half!