Who will star for your team this season?

As it says on the tin...

Any summer signings or youth players stepping up who you think will dazzle this year?

Last year I tipped Callum Morris to make waves in this league - he wasn't new to Pars but wasn't too familiar a figure for the rest of the league. Notice he played for Dundee United in their win over Breda last night. Okay - tipping an Eire u21 international and former Newcastle United kid to do okay in this league wasn't the boldest call ever.

We've signed some boy with no neck from Ayr, a lad from Baywatch via Stranraer and a boy from Airdrie with nice hair but for me the one to watch is Lewis Martin.

He got a run out towards the end of last season so he's not a totally new but I don't think I've seen a young Par look like such a comfortable, gifted player since Jackie McNamara. CB is never is exciting as a tricky winger or explosive striker but the boy just exudes class and is a much tougher tackler than the gangly frame and baby face would suggest. Looking forward to seeing him mash your centre forward in the coming weeks!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Forrest (he's better than James).

Still only seventeen he had a great season last year scoring around ten goals, mostly as a sub. He looks like a genuine prospect and should go on to bigger things. If we manage to complete our team, and make sufficient signings that we can compete reasonably well in this league, Forrest should really emerge as a recognised talent.

Martin does look a top prospect, hopefully he forms a good partnership with Buchanan, could be a frustrating year for page. Williamson will hopefully develop as the season goes on, his runs are exciting but he's definitely rough round all the other edges.

Morton's centre back pairing of Crichton and Milojevic have caught the eye in pre season. McCluskey upfront looks to have a bit about him although he will miss a few games with a dislocated shoulder he got last weekend v St Mirren.

Josh Watt is Stenhousemuir's most exciting talent and I expect him to be one of the team's outstanding players over the course of the season.

Martyn Corrigan picked him up from Motherwell in the early stages of 2013-14 but barely used him (something which irked supporters given that his wages could have been used to strengthen the defence instead) and briefly sent him out on loan at East Stirlingshire. Watt came into the team under Brown Ferguson and fully established himself as a key member of Scott Booth's squad. He's direct, he's elusive and he's got a decent enough cross on him too. He's been pretty handy in pre-season too. Still needs to work on his conditioning but I've got high hopes for him.

Date: 23rd July 2014

To: JJ

Subject: Dossier

Dear JJ

Please find enclosed your 2014-15 dossier on players you will want to either crock or to talk about signing prior to us playing them....

Jon-Paul McGovern

Has shown very good signs in pre-season, particularly with some stunning crosses in the Crusaders game, one of which found it's way in via the head of Scott McLaughlin. He can play either behind the striker or in midfield and has had a very good club career, playing almost fifty games in one season in English League One for Carlisle only two years ago, as well as for both Sheffield clubs, Swindon and MK Dons.

Alan Forrest has to be the main youth prospect at the moment, although I like what I've seen from the youth players in pre-season.

Mark Russell should earn himself a place in next season's championship over the course of this season (hopefully with us). Shown promise, I fancy him to be a surprisingly important player for us.

As far as the Diamonds go I think David Proctor will be a key player for us, purely because he's the only experienced centre-back we've got at the moment. I would however keep an eye out for Grant Drummond who's a young centre back who has shown promise and if we get a defensive injury or two may well find his way into the team at some point this season.

I have high hopes for Andrew Stirling. Moffat should bang in the goals but I'm not expecting miracles apart from that. 20+ league goals and he can smoke a cigar the rest of the time as far as I'm concerned.

Lewis Martin and Ryan Williamson have already found their way into Scotland youth squads so you have to expect them to be the cream of the crop youth wise. Also hoping for Shaun Byrne come out of his shell and show his true talents. He had a lot of hype from first team guys before he debuted but I don't think he's shown much to be honest. Would really love him to start running games from the middle of the park.

There are big expectations of this squad for the season ahead. We're favourites to win the title and, really, anything else would be seen as a big disappointment. Fingers crossed the guys show what they're truly capable of. Mon the DA!

If allowed to play in Midfield I think Michael Donald will continue to improve as a player, and be an important player for us. Current squad depth ( lack of ) means that players such as Michael Wardrope and Andy Muir will have an opportunity to grasp a position in the starting XI. Both of whom have attributes which, if given time, could improve our team.

Archived