Five Guys burgers opening in Glasgow

Just walked into 5 guys. Saw it was 8 quid for what looked like a burger king and walked out. Have I made a mistake? I'm away to burger meets bun in any case.

Also, anyone got views on gourmet burger kitchen or handmade burger co.

Big fan of the handmade burger company, although generally only went if I had a voucher or there was a deal on.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the Moroccan lamb burger on my only visit to Ad Lib: wasn't impressed. The way they cooked the burger gave the spices a bitter taste, and there was nothing stand-out about the rest of the place.

Paid a visit to the Black Sparrow on Charing Cross a while ago: very good burgers, on a two for one deal most of the week. Probably going to return there later this week. A welcome detail in any burger place is the absence of a 'brioche bun', which has absolutely no place in a savoury meal.

NYC on Hope Street is one of my favourites. Hotdogs and burgers are 241 Mon-Fri I think. They also do 10 chicken wings for £2 on Tuesdays.

I go to the NYC in St Enoch Square quite regularly on my lunch break. The sandwiches are outstanding and very reasonably priced.

Big fan of the handmade burger company, although generally only went if I had a voucher or there was a deal on.

Yeah I like it, though it is a tad expensive for burger n chips.

Lamb tikka and peppered beef are personal faves.

Had the Moroccan lamb burger on my only visit to Ad Lib: wasn't impressed. The way they cooked the burger gave the spices a bitter taste, and there was nothing stand-out about the rest of the place.

Paid a visit to the Black Sparrow on Charing Cross a while ago: very good burgers, on a two for one deal most of the week. Probably going to return there later this week. A welcome detail in any burger place is the absence of a 'brioche bun', which has absolutely no place in a savoury meal.

Aye, Black Sparrow burgers are top notch. Excellent value for money when you get 2 for 1.

I go to the NYC in St Enoch Square quite regularly on my lunch break. The sandwiches are outstanding and very reasonably priced.

Ah, Nick's NYC Deli. I'm disappointed you don't own it. I love the hot dogs from there.

Lebowski's is one of my favourite places for burgers (and White Russians). I was disappointed by Broadcast, even though everyone raved on about what kitchen they've got making them. Bread Meats Bread is on another level altogether.

I was in bread meats bread on Friday, the food was really good. I always tend to go to Ad-Lib for a burger when I'm in Glasgow, so it was a good change of scenery. The only issue with bmb is that it was completely packed out, although this being a Friday, it would have to be expected.

Anyone been to Jacker de Viande on West Regent Street?

Aye, the decor is a bit weird, they have some decent lunchtime deals tho. Food is much of a muchness in most of these places imo.

Meat bar is my favourite purely for their chilli cheese fries which are phenomenal.

Aye, the decor is a bit weird, they have some decent lunchtime deals tho. Food is much of a muchness in most of these places imo.

Meat bar is my favourite purely for their chilli cheese fries which are phenomenal.

Cheers, I had been recommended it by a mate who basically hunts out burger places and had previously recommended Bread Meats Bread.

Are there any good burger restaurants outside Edinburgh or Glasgow? Stornoway is probably too much to ask for but Inverness or Aberdeen would be nice. Love a proper steak mince burger!

If you are ever in Dundee go to the Phoenix. I maintain that a chilli burger with ganja fries is the best meal in Scotland you can get for under a tenner.

If you are ever in Dundee go to the Phoenix. I maintain that a chilli burger with ganja fries is the best meal in Scotland you can get for under a tenner.

I wasn't going to head up on Saturday but now I'm definitely going.

Archived