Five Guys burgers opening in Glasgow

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Just walked into 5 guys. Saw it was 8 quid for what looked like a burger king and walked out. Have I made a mistake? I'm away to burger meets bun in any case.

Also, anyone got views on gourmet burger kitchen or handmade burger co.

I went on Friday and would pretty much agree with that. It's a BK / McD's type experience with slightly better food and twice the price (£13 for burger, regular chips, and regular drink). Drinks machine is probably the best thing about it but I remain sceptical you don't just get a bit of everything mixed in.

GBK is reasonable, you still have to order at the till rather than table service but at least they bring it over and the variety of what you can get is a lot greater.

Never been to the other one. Think I still have 2,746 burger places to go in Glasgow now.

Correction, 2,747, another one has probably opened since I started typing.

It was just a more expensive Burger King. I went on opening day and it was all right, but I've never been back since and that's a bad sign. Chips were nice and the juice machine is a thing of wonder (Dr. Pepper should be on draught everywhere, and cherryvanilla Coke? Please.) A few people I know have said they've had food poisoning so that doesn't bode well either.

Slowly getting my way round all of them. Tried out Ketchup yesterday which was quite nice.

Slowly getting my way round all of them. Tried out Ketchup yesterday which was quite nice.

BRGR on Great Western Road was pretty good.

They do 2 for 1 on a Tuesday.

The Hot Coo burger was outrageously spicy. I was nearly greeting

Not tried out BRGR yet but keep meaning to. Might check it out later on this week.

NYC on Hope Street is one of my favourites. Hotdogs and burgers are 241 Mon-Fri I think. They also do 10 chicken wings for £2 on Tuesdays.

I know you are all excited to know what I did. I went to ad lib. Very nice. Not as good as burger meats bun but I have been there loads.

Other good burgers i have had in Glasgow include at inn deep and butterfly and pig. B&P only a standard cheeseburger but really nice burger and I prefer that to a shite burger smothered in pulled pork or chilli to hide the taste.

Roos leap the only decent thing about Montrose, the hot dogs are so dece as well.

The Aussie Burger there is one of my favourite feeds: Basically a bacon cheeseburger with the addition of a fried egg, pineapple, an onion ring and of course beetroot.

Roos Leap monster bob.

The fucking business

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1423590153.916515.jpg

The Louisiana Magic Burger was always my favourite. Hadn't been in years until recently. Slightly disappointed you can't specify how your burger is cooked anymore. Which makes a big difference.

Chips, as always though, were crap.

Archived