Sign in to follow this  
Don Diego De la Vega

Five Guys burgers opening in Glasgow

American burger chain has finally got its finger out and is opening a shop here, going to be on St Vincent street where pesto is just now. easily my favourite "burger joint" blows McDonald's and Burger King out the water, I for one cannot wait!

Think a trip through to Glasgow is in order. I can't wait either!

Actually naw, I think anyone who ever gets excited by shitey fast food restaurants is a simpleton.

Edited by ForzaDundee

Menu looks quite good - hopefully it'll last longer in Glasgow than Arby's - or indeed Quiznos - did.

Wendy's seem to have no ambitions to go global which is a shame, they're one of my favourites stateside.

I'll probably give it a go when it opens but Glasgow certainly isn't short of places to have a decent burger these days.

Menu looks quite good - hopefully it'll last longer in Glasgow than Arby's - or indeed Quiznos - did.

Wendy's seem to have no ambitions to go global which is a shame, they're one of my favourites stateside.

I got a funny look from the staff at the Sandlake Road branch when I asked for only 'one' chilli as a side.

I knew better the next time.

To clarify, is the chain called "five guys burgers" or it called "guys burgers" and there are five of them opening up?

Where was the Arbys in Glasgow? I think if they don't look to get too big too quick etc then they will do ok however the hamburger daddy in America is In n out.

Mid 90s in Union St next door to where the Poundland is now. It was only there for 6 months to a year.

ETA: Opened late '93, shut mid '94...

Edited by Hillonearth

To clarify, is the chain called "five guys burgers" or it called "guys burgers" and there are five of them opening up?

There are five and they are all called Moe.

It's the top of the list when we go to Florida eating wise the Cajun fries are brilliant and the burgers are quality too

As I'm not a mouth breather and have never set foot in Nandos, is this place above or below my level of eatery for processed animal anuses?

Just so I don't commit some horrible fast food faux pas, likes.

Why am I getting told about this now I'm home from 2 1/2 weeks in Yankee land?

Bit late lads eh.

What are the prices going to be like? Cocktail and Burger is the business but if this place is significantly cheaper I may try it out.

An arby's opened in Glasgow? :lol: That place is a laughing stock over here for being so shit.

I long for the day I can post about enjoying a Krispy Kreme doughnut through in Glasgow.

Don't tesco sell them?

American burger chain has finally got its finger out and is opening a shop here, going to be on St Vincent street where pesto is just now. easily my favourite "burger joint" blows McDonald's and Burger King out the water, I for one cannot wait!

Fat b*****d.