dalbeattie star

Southboundboy

Walked down past Islecroft on monday, the pitch is looking like a bowling green.

The chain fence on the far side has been covered over with a wooden fence, new turnstiles are being built at present with a building next to them, first aid room? and looks like some block work has been done about the stand area. Before anybody asks no signs of any floodlights yet..The new fence actually makes it feel more like a real football ground.

Don't know how far this is down the licencing road but its a start. Am sure Dal or Ross will enlighten us.

And i see Star's friendly against Hurlford on saturday is a 1 o clock kick off, in case anybody is thinking of coming.

Walked down past Islecroft on monday, the pitch is looking like a bowling green.

The chain fence on the far side has been covered over with a wooden fence, new turnstiles are being built at present with a building next to them, first aid room? and looks like some block work has been done about the stand area. Before anybody asks no signs of any floodlights yet..The new fence actually makes it feel more like a real football ground.

Don't know how far this is down the licencing road but its a start. Am sure Dal or Ross will enlighten us.

And i see Star's friendly against Hurlford on saturday is a 1 o clock kick off, in case anybody is thinking of coming.

Good to hear

pictures posted on non league scotland recently

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/dalbeattie.htm

the work done should cover the facilities part of the licence at least. I think the new block has turnstyles first aid room and toilets

we are in the first round! Numpty boy! :)
Jeezo how ye manage that :DPoint is ye were left in the starting stalls while others got a head start ;)
Walked down past Islecroft on monday, the pitch is looking like a bowling green. The chain fence on the far side has been covered over with a wooden fence, new turnstiles are being built at present with a building next to them, first aid room? and looks like some block work has been done about the stand area. Before anybody asks no signs of any floodlights yet..The new fence actually makes it feel more like a real football ground. Don't know how far this is down the licencing road but its a start. Am sure Dal or Ross will enlighten us. And i see Star's friendly against Hurlford on saturday is a 1 o clock kick off, in case anybody is thinking of coming.
Excellent sermani good to read :)

"The pitch was like a bowling green" you mean a lot of old men watching a ball rolling over the grass in total silence. No change there then.

Yes quite correct. The old men are all dressed like Sir Francis Drake watching out over the boating pond in Colliston Park for invasion of the mighty Gretna FC2008 armada. Let them come while we finish this game, we'll give them a beating, then send them homeward to think again

• 2 months later...

I see Dalbeattie Star have lost there number 1 goalkeeper Darren Martin to a south of Scotland side Lochar Thistle. Big blow to them for this season surely? There manager been in local press recently saying he was best goalkeeper in the league. How will they replace him if this is the case?

Martin's now left table-topping Lochar, rejoined Star.

https://twitter.com/LocharThistleFC/status/525263505252163584

Seems like the old south west merry go round is in full effect. To quote the magnificent Barry chuckle, "to me, to you".

pretty much the same in the east my friend is it not? And that's football for ya!

pretty much the same in the east my friend is it not? And that's football for ya!

Well done today dal.

2 teams played an exciting attacking game.

where I think ye won the game was the pace of yer no.11.

Thats what we lack a bit pace and an attacking left sided player in my opinion.

Maybes the experienced john hall could've been brought on sooner.(nae complaints though)

I also think we need some fresh faces as our players seem a bit predictable nowadays.

Yer keeper made an outstanding save from Danny Noon.

An ott card happy referee booked (I think) 5 of us and 2 of you in what was nae even a dirty game.frustrating.

4 points from 3 home games is worryingly mid table form for us albeit the tightness of the LL.

Onwards to Glasgow next week.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Well done today dal.

Maybes the experienced john hall could've been brought on sooner.(nae complaints though)

I also think we need some fresh faces as our players seem a bit predictable nowadays.

An ott card happy referee booked (I think) 5 of us and 2 of you in what was nae even a dirty game.frustrating.

4 points from 3 home games is worryingly mid table form for us albeit the tightness of the LL.

You were never there ? ... that must have been your double hurtling into Newcastle Central !?

Well done today dal.

I did tell you Jamie that it's all downhill from here, squad is in a bad place, no confidence nothing. Players going on stags, weddings, work commitments and ill etc....

Aye broon it was a good game, enjoyed that winning feeling again! It could have went either way. Don't be disheartened by the result, I'm sure you will be up there at the end of the season, sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you don't ! We have not had the breaks we deserved this season so far,! But hopefully yesterday's result has gave us a big lift to take onto next week to play our bogie team Edinburgh shitty!!!

All the best for rest of season ,

Archived