Clyde v Ayr

Should be an interesting game . We looked decent against crusaders on Saturday and should have enough to win but take nothing for granted. Ferguson will look to get off to a good start but then again more so for Marko . It's vital he gets this season off to a good start or it could be bye bye pretty quickly .

Going for 3-1 Ayr , McGovern , Mcglaughlan and Forrest the scorers for us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of an unknown quantity for us. Would imagine Ayr have a higher quality of player, however our squad seems to be in fine fettle at the moment.

Personally I think it could be a lot tighter than some Ayr fans think.

Can see this one going all the way ;)

As I said on the other thread Ayr might not have a full squad yet but their current pool looks decent enough which will no doubt be added to before the game.

Looking forward to the game nevertheless, just hope David Sinclair scores :P

I'd be disappointed if we didn't win one of our cup games but that's based on how we played last season. Interesting to see if the changes that Ferguson has made and the new personnel make us better or ruin the good work of the last campaign.

This thread is definetley in full flow.

I'm going to go for a 2-1 but I don't know who to. I have no idea what players Ayr have now and on our day our players can play fantastically well so I feel the game will be close and could swing either way.

Can we expect much of a crowd up from Ayr?

Not sure, can't see many heading up, maybe couple of hundred max, no one seems interested under Roberts now and who can blame them.

We'll probably go with something like this:

Hutton

Devlin McArthur Murphy McKinaly

Forrest Gilmour McLaughlin Donald

JP

Donnelly

Subs: Newamn, McCracken, McGill, Nesbitt, Roberts

If McKinaly is still injured, I'd expect Donald to move to left back and McGill to start on the wing.

I think we'll line up the exact same as what we did against EKFC, with possible changes being McManus/Daly starting ahead of Scullion or McKinnon ahead of Frances. Will be able to have a strong bench which makes a change.

Be interesting to see how we do against a better team with the squad of players we have now. Not expecting anything from the game but I'll make a prediction of 1-1 for the game.

Does it go to ET & penalties if it's a draw? Looking forward to the game and hopefully the weather's as good as it's been the last week!

Archived