Lowland League vs Highland League

Grim O'Grady

Spartans took on (& beat) Inverurie Locos in a High vs Low friendly at Ainslie Park, today. 1st 1/2 we seemed a bit slow. maybe all the games catching us up & some formation changes, mind it is still early doors so I can see why Sammy is experimenting. Anyhoo the Locos steamed past us in the 1st half & rightly lead by 1 goal to nothing by 1/2 time. 2nd 1/2 & Sammy made 2 subs from the off bringing on Donal & Gazza, they soon pumped up the pace & we deservedly won the 2nd 1/2 by 2 great goals from Willie Bremner, a highlights package will be up later, for you all to delight in.

So that's the 1st blood to the LL over the HL so far this season (unless other teams have played that I've not been arsed to check out, I'm sure HJ or others will put me right).

Grimbo

This was the preseason game I was looking forward too the most. Was very impressed with the way Spartans dominated the second half after as you say a slow start. Things seem to be shaping up nicely at AP. Thought Grant and Bremner where the best players on the park today

Cards on the table here - did Spartans only arrange this friendly so that Grim could post "the locos steamed past us"?

luckily they came off the rails in the 2nd 1/2. & there's more!

Grimbo

Went over to this (Grim was just stood next to me in the second half filming the game :lol: ). Game of 2 halves as mention Locos better side in the first half but Spartans looked good in the second.

Also stayed for the EOS sides game with Hearts under 20s decent enough game and you can't complain with two matches for a fiver :thumsup2

Cards on the table here - did Spartans only arrange this friendly so that Grim could post "the locos steamed past us"?

luckily they came off the rails in the 2nd 1/2. & there's more!

Grimbo

I think they hit the buffers...

Your past efforts would signal the Casey Jones theme tune.

1 point for that, well done, Cic.

I'm having horrendous premonitions of a mash-up of I Walk the Line, theme from Bridge Over the River Kwai, and Going Loco! Down in Acopulco!...

Rounded-off by Thomas the Tank Engine, most probably.

Unfortunately HJ 0 points but now I wish I had used Thomas the Tank Engine, great tune.

You could speed it up to the Benny Hill tune?

I do have that tune but failed to see the link, so it's nil point, in fact Mantis, it's -1 for the sheer cheekery of that suggestion!

Grimbo

P.s. 51 mins remaining.

1 point for that, well done, Cic. Unfortunately HJ 0 points but now I wish I had used Thomas the Tank Engine, great tune. I do have that tune but failed to see the link, so it's nil point, in fact Mantis, it's -1 for the sheer cheekery of that suggestion! GrimboP.s. 51 mins remaining.

Everybodys doing a brand new dance now.....cmon do the loco motive !!!!! :P

"Tracks of my tears" might have been suitable for the Loco fans perhaps after losing. Now whether this game was a glorified train-ing session or a competitive game I do hope Grim didn't go off the rails after the win otherwise he might have ended up piston broke...

http://youtu.be/xbthXudb__A

Couple of pints Tam, I mean points (no pun intended). I did not end up piston broke after the match because I'd already managed that the day/night before. Me mates came up from Manc & arrived at 2/beer o'clock at th'Aymarket, met them in the Ryrie or whatever it's called, then took them up town (on the tram, which actually wasn't a big deal for them cos we've had them in Manc for years) for some slap-up nosh & beer at the Standing Order, well it's cheap more than slap-up eh.

Then I had to treat them to Leith & the Malt n Hops were we met up (eventually) with our Edinburgh City contingent then a couple of taxis up to Swinecastle & hey ho the highlight of the night was giving abuse to some erse in a scum shirt & this.

Grimbo

P.s. I used that track on the highlights package, well the original tbh.

Archived