Ardeer Thistle v Glentoran, Sat 19/07/2014

Markka

For you to jump into a thread about a fellow junior club who are playing a 'senior' club from Northern Ireland in an attractive looking match & poopoo it , then use it to pour in your political beliefs is truly shameful on your part. You've went way down in my estimation.

Because I don't want a bigot fest at Barrfields? Yeah I'm the worst

No bigotry today, but a ludicrous £10 to get in for a friendly and the three free entry coupons aren't a lot of good to anyone but local fans. Good programme at £2 though, one of the best I've seen in the juniors, so I didn't mind paying that.

That said, we me some very nice people and it was a good, if rather one sided, pre-season game.

Glentoran return to NORTHERN IRELAND tomorrow afternoon.

Because I don't want a bigot fest at Barrfields? Yeah I'm the worst

Well, it wasn't a bigot fest at Ardeer today.

Glens were impressive and worthy winners, and their fans all seemed to have a great day out. Both sets of supporters created a superb boisterous atmosphere.

Glentoran went 3-0 early on but Ardeer settled into the game well in the second half and were much improved in the last 45 minutes.

I hope we can welcome Glentoran back to Ardeer in the future!

Well, it wasn't a bigot fest at Ardeer today.

Glens were impressive and worthy winners, and their fans all seemed to have a great day out. Both sets of supporters created a superb boisterous atmosphere.

Glentoran went 3-0 early on but Ardeer settled into the game well in the second half and were much improved in the last 45 minutes.

I hope we can welcome Glentoran back to Ardeer in the future!

Me too, but at a more reasonable admission fee mate? ;)

On a serious note, I really enjoyed my trip to deepest darkest Ayrshire today, and the locals that we encountered were all very welcoming, if a little pished. Good luck for the new season, and try and beat them next time.

Me too, but at a more reasonable admission fee mate? ;)

On a serious note, I really enjoyed my trip to deepest darkest Ayrshire today, and the locals that we encountered were all very welcoming, if a little pished. Good luck for the new season, and try and beat them next time.

The pricing today was agreed upon by both clubs; but I do personally agree with you that it was too high. 10 quid is too much to pay for a junior game. However, even though this was a friendly, it was still against high calibre opposition travelling from Belfast, so I'd have went for about 7 or 8 quid entry.

As we charged a higher than usual entry today, we created the free entry offer to give fans good value. Unfortunately the one-off attendees like yourself aren't going to have the benefit but I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

The pricing today was agreed upon by both clubs; but I do personally agree with you that it was too high. 10 quid is too much to pay for a junior game. However, even though this was a friendly, it was still against high calibre opposition travelling from Belfast, so I'd have went for about 7 or 8 quid entry.

As we charged a higher than usual entry today, we created the free entry offer to give fans good value. Unfortunately the one-off attendees like yourself aren't going to have the benefit but I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

As a lifelong Linfield fan I am so tempted to point out that they are only the fourth best team in Belfast, but I won't. :lol:

A great day out and well done on Ardeer's part.

Decided to head along to this today and I thought Ardeer did the Juniors Proud despite the final score it was a real good occasion and I have to say met some of the Glentoran fans some really nice people to talk too.

Marka are you having the Charity game this season?

Ffs great game for Ardeer to have, something different but let's face it they are a team from the north of Ireland not exactly box office. Ten quid seems way over the top, fair play if a decent amount of fans paid that price!

Decided to head along to this today and I thought Ardeer did the Juniors Proud despite the final score it was a real good occasion and I have to say met some of the Glentoran fans some really nice people to talk too.

Marka are you having the Charity game this season?

Butterfly Club Charity Match is Sunday August 10th at Ardeer Scottish Junior Old Crocks vs Glentoran Legends.

Ffs great game for Ardeer to have, something different but let's face it they are a team from NORTHERN IRELAND not exactly box office. Ten quid seems way over the top, fair play if a decent amount of fans paid that price!

Fixed your ignorance, or is it bigotry ;)

Any guesses as to size of crowd at the game.

Very rough guess at 200.

Another guess at 180+ being pished.

It really has got me back in the mood for real football though, no more of this World Cup nonsense.

Archived