The consequences of voting No.

Confidemus

Every No voter should read this and just have a think:

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/07/17/dinner-with-no-voters-or-what-i-wanted-to-say-before-the-pudding-hit-the-fan/

Up until September the 18th, we have all been able to hide behind all that being someone else’s fault. Either way the vote goes, Yes or No, that comfortable position has already been shattered. Either we vote to take responsibility for our own economics , our own wealth distribution, our own decisions to make war or peace…or we are voting to mandate away control over all of these matters to Westminster forever.

I am pretty sure that the para I highlighted is the salient one from your post. Can you confirm that before I laugh publicly?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lichtie, just imagine the 19th when Darling has to stand up at the mike and admit defeat, pleasing.

I dunno, fingers crossed but.

Will be massively disillusioned with my fellow Scots if they decide they want things to continue as they are AyrMad, what a depressing thought.

I thought Project Fear was only applicable to the BetterTogether campaign?

Suppose if you can't beat the scaremongering, you might as well join them - so to speak.

It's what makes the Yes supporters who go on about UKIP governments so irritating to me.

I don't neccesarily agree that reflecting on the negative is a terrible thing to do. Part of having a positive vision is after all, expressing a will for something better than the status quo. In that way Britain's failings are a relevant point of discussion. But f**k me, there are enough things to legitimately complain about; not "oh this could be bad", "but this might happen", actual guaranteed, 100% not going to change in the current set up, concerns about Scotland's existence within the UK.

Raise these things, explain with examples why this is not accepted by so many of our neighbours and try to present a vision of a better alternative. No benefit in just making negative shit up. It's pathetic and BetterTogetherish in the extreme.

Edit: That's not me intending to seem too critical for posting that Confidemus. Quite a lot of it is points that I think have a lot of merit. It's just the UKIP thing that gets on my tits.

Eyes shut, nanananana not listening, fingers in ears etc etc etc.

It's the NO voter way. Utterly pointless with some of the BritNat clown collective on here Confi.

Perhaps shitebaggery blocks free thought.

It's what makes the Yes supporters who go on about UKIP governments so irritating to me.

I don't neccesarily agree that reflecting on the negative is a terrible thing to do. Part of having a positive vision is after all, expressing a will for something better than the status quo. In that way Britain's failings are a relevant point of discussion. But f**k me, there are enough things to legitimately complain about; not "oh this could be bad", "but this might happen", actual guaranteed, 100% not going to change in the current set up, concerns about Scotland's existence within the UK.

Raise these things, explain with examples why this is not accepted by so many of our neighbours and try to present a vision of a better alternative. No benefit in just making negative shit up. It's pathetic and BetterTogetherish in the extreme.

Edit: That's not me intending to seem too critical for posting that Confidemus. Quite a lot of it is points that I think have a lot of merit. It's just the UKIP thing that gets on my tits.

Fair do's.

I dunno, fingers crossed but.

Will be massively disillusioned with my fellow Scots if they decide they want things to continue as they are AyrMad, what a depressing thought.

no matter the result on 18th Sept, on the 19th we need just get on with it, "resentment and anger" is not in any way going to help whoever loses, hopefully any "bad feeling" that is initially felt, should subside within a short while

no matter the result on 18th Sept, on the 19th we need just get on with it, "resentment and anger" is not in any way going to help whoever loses, hopefully any "bad feeling" that is initially felt, should subside within a short while

If it is a No vote, the aftereffects of it, and how far reaching they are will determine how long my resentment at No voters remains. I suspect my resentment will stay for quite a while.

I never thought so many of my fellow Scots were such shiters and, to borrow a phrase from the Wildlings in Game of Thrones, "kneelers".

If it is a No vote, the aftereffects of it, and how far reaching they are will determine how long my resentment at No voters remains. I suspect my resentment will stay for quite a while.

I never thought so many of my fellow Scots were such shiters and, to borrow a phrase from the Wildlings in Game of Thrones, "kneelers".

Not good my friend, I hope that it is not the case

You still don't get it, British first and foremost, how cant you see (even if you cant accept) how important that is to us? Don't bother with ridicule it's the way it is for many of us.

You pretend it's not... This is blind nationalism, that we're accused of.

All No voters are telling us that no matter the result, we just need to get on with it.

They know that a YES wont affect them adversley in any way.

They also know that a NO vote will crush the very soul out of Scotland. Thats why they want YES voters to forgive them and move on.

" Resentment and anger " will never die from YES voters. In fact they will only build and grow stronger when no new devo powers materialise.

Remember its hope and aspirations that a NO vote will crush in YES voters.

What will a YES vote crush in the NO voters?

You still don't get it, British first and foremost, how cant you see (even if you cant accept) how important that is to us? Don't bother with ridicule it's the way it is for many of us.

Elizabeth II, Edward VII, Edward VIII.

Please tell me what is British (or Scottish) about them ?

When you vote for Labour, Liberal or Tory you are voting for an english monarchy and class system.

You are a bunch of sheep that are easily led. Baaaaaaaaaaa!.

My experience when going abroad and calling myself British is that people think I mean English, especially in the US.

The 2 word are interchangeable for people. Scotland is just seen as part of England.

Ignorance on their part I know but if people that want to known as British will be more know as being English.

My experience when going abroad and calling myself British is that people think I mean English, especially in the US.

The 2 word are interchangeable for people. Scotland is just seen as part of England.

Ignorance on their part I know but if people that want to known as British will be more know as being English.

Don't understand that at all, but who's the lassie in your avatar btw?

Archived