Pay at Gate Prices for Disabled

Took my missus to the last game of the season last year at Dens for her first match. When buying the tickets I was told that she would pay the concession price and I would get in as her plus one for nothing. For the two of us it was only a tenner.

Can any fans in this league confirm if they operate the same sort of system either for Ticketed or pay at gate matches?

The normal going rate for away disabled fans and a carer is £10-£15 if they are wheelchair users Can be more for "ambulant" disabled fans (ie people who can access most areas of the ground).

The prices are sometimes set by the club themselves or in some cases the clubs disabled supporters association are given the power to do so on behalf of the club. This is what happens at Motherwell and a couple of other clubs I can think of.

The Scottish Disabled Supporters Association (which has an excellent website for anyone interested) is campaigning to try and have standardised pricing structures for each league.

Pretty sure that Dundee has a disabled supporters association.

Generally speaking, if you can demonstrate to your home club by way of DLA award, letter from GP, etc., that you legitimately qualify, you will normally be able to pay the concession price. Your home club will often send a list to the club they are away to of those who will be attending. Do not be offended if asked for proof.

Regardless of wheelchair or ambulant disability, you will pay the same price, except at Motherwell who are the only club to insist on you being seated at the bottom right of the away stand (when in use) if you are ambulant, or pay one full price and sit anywhere. My own club, St Johnstone, permit an ambulant disabled person to occupy almost any unreserved seat (padded section excluded), so there's one example of why uniform pricing will either not occur or will take many years to come into being.

Aberdeen and Hearts charge one full price for an adult with PA free. Most others are somewhere in the region of £10-£13 as a total for both.

The model across Europe does not discriminate between different types of disability but promotes the recognition of all categories.

The SDSA will not be able to promote a single price as there are so many variables which will, in my opinion, render the policy unworkable.

I would encourage anyone with a disability to contact their own club and go from there.

Many clubs have their own disabled supporters association, most affiliated to the national group, the SFSA.

Thanks for all the info. I probably should have said that she is not wheelchair bound and can get about normally but does have cerebral palsy which affects her in other ways. She has the DLA award letter anyway and I will contact the club on Monday to ask. I did do a quick google search for a DFC Disabled Association but didn't find much so probably best to contact them directly as you say. The SDSA pricing structure would be a good idea too as there does seem to be a large discrepancy between clubs.

Pretty much everywhere do cocessions on normal prices for a better than normal view.

Technically you have to bring your own seat butr it's worth stealing a wheelchair from A&E for the saving.

Or, if that's terribly immoral, have a mate steal the chair and you can be his 'carer'.

Archived