Europa League 2014/15

lichtie23

You never know what to expect of a team in the first leg so at least Everton have got the win, albeit a slender one. They were absolutely atrocious in the first half, really really bad. The jeers from the crowd were some of the worst I've heard at an Everton game. Got their shit together in the second half and were worth their lead. Not satisfied at all by that performance though - Alcaraz and Kone just don't do it for me. Absolutely pish and it really bothers me that Martinez brought these payers in from Wigan when they had he likes of Mcmanaman, Maloney and McArthur. Oh well.

Didn't think Kiev were all that impressive. A better team would have thumped the Blues tonight.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never know what to expect of a team in the first leg so at least Everton have got the win, albeit a slender one. They were absolutely atrocious in the first half, really really bad. The jeers from the crowd were some of the worst I've heard at an Everton game. Got their shit together in the second half and were worth their lead. Not satisfied at all by that performance though - Alcaraz and Kone just don't do it for me. Absolutely pish and it really bothers me that Martinez brought these payers in from Wigan when they had he likes of Mcmanaman, Maloney and McArthur. Oh well.

Didn't think Kiev were all that impressive. A better team would have thumped the Blues tonight.

Agreed on Kiev if theyre the best team in Ukraine it really must be a bollocks league.

Fancy Everton to see the job out in Ukraine if Stones or even Distin are fit. Like you said Alcaraz is atrocious - that back pass in the first half :lol:

Could say this for most Everton players this season in fairness, but Coleman in particular looked very poor compared to last season. Looks scared to take a man on now.

Fancy Everton to see the job out in Ukraine if Stones or even Distin are fit. Like you said Alcaraz is atrocious - that back pass in the first half :lol:

Could say this for most Everton players this season in fairness, but Coleman in particular looked very poor compared to last season. Looks scared to take a man on now.

The guy is a bomb scare, I don't know what Martinez sees in him. That back pass could have ended the tie.

Yeah Coleman is lacking confidence. The whole team is lacking confidence, I'm not sure why. It's a good squad of players that just aren't performing as they should.

Was pretty impressed with Garbutt tonight, looks a good prospect.

Keita got another equaliser for Roma tonight so 1-1 that finished

All to play for second leg, really want roma to edge it but fancy fiorentina. Didn't see the game though. Anybody who watched it able to summarise?

Agreed on Kiev if theyre the best team in Ukraine it really must be a bollocks league.

It was a very typical away first leg performance in Europe. All they need to do is win 1-0 in the return leg, why risk going all out tonight and be done on the counter and end up chasing a 2/3 goal deficit?

No doubt it'll be a total reverse performance next week from both sides.

Did the commentators on the Wolfsburg-Inter game (Matterface and Houghton?) do a pretty good job or was it just that there was no English team involved?

Was down at Goodison last night and my overriding feeling is that I'm very pleased with the comeback and win, but I'd have been far more comfortable with at least a 2 goal lead. Kyiv looked to shut up shop second half and, in fairness, the team were much improved from the first which was, frankly, shocking.

Martinez's system was baffling - the team were so narrow it was unreal. Garbutt is a top prospect and did well last night but so often he was in acres of space on the left, but when he eventually did get it he had no-one playing ahead of him so was forced to check back as opposed to trying to take his man on. Coleman had a similar issue on the opposite side and the end result was the team created little. Naismith finished it well but for the opening 45 he was absolutely shocking. Howard again caused panic in attempting punches out of the box and getting Stones fit for Sunday - never mind Kyiv - is paramount to go back in beside Jagielka. Their goal was a comedy of errors in conceding the corner, never mind the defending of it.

But still, credit to them as the second half was much better and Osman made a huge difference - the team are crying out for someone like him or Pienaar who has that extra little bit of craft. I haven't seen the penalty back but from my position in the Lower Bullens it was of the harsh variety, but will gladly take it.

Good second half but play like the first half and the second leg will be a long evening. I think Everton can score over there - Kyiv will be much more attacking and Everton's counter-attack has served them well in Europe. Their number 10 looked a class act but Lukaku was the top man for the Blues - superb performance. Closely followed by Jagielka, Garbutt and McCarthy.

When their goal went in, it could've been a complete catastrophe so in the end we have to be pleased with the result.

Keita got another equaliser for Roma tonight so 1-1 that finished

All to play for second leg, really want roma to edge it but fancy fiorentina. Didn't see the game though. Anybody who watched it able to summarise?

Didn't catch the first half but Roma were quite dominant in the second, a bit toothless up front though. Would fancy Roma to go through.

Fiorentina started brightly and had the best of the first half with Roma looking dangerous on the break. Roma bossed the second half in what was a role reversal of the first. Think Roma have enough to win the second leg

I want Everton to win the Europa league. The seethe from Liverpool of they won a trophy this season and qualified for the champions league would be phenomenal

Couldn't really care less about Everton tbh, pretty nondescript side who aren't going to win it so aren't really worth considering. More interested to see how the Italian sides get on.

Archived