Europa League 2014/15

lichtie23

This seasons qualifying rounds started 2 weeks ago and continues today. 3 Scottish sides in action tonight as Aberdeen host Dutch side Groningen, Motherwell entertain Icelandic side Stjarnan and last years Scottish Cup winners St Johnstone start with a trip to Luzern in Switzerland. Don't see why all 3 can't progress.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have to have Motherwell as clear favourites in their tie, if KR's performance against Celtic was anything to go by.

Luzern v St Johnstone - I would have Luzern as favourites, and tonights game especially will be difficult for St Johnstone as they are playing a team who can pass the ball about well and will enjoy a lot of possession in conditions that aren't ideal if you are chasing the game. I can see St Johnstone getting a lot of joy from set pieces and balls into the box, but they'll need to take their chances. Difficult tie, but winnable.

Aberdeen v Groningen - I know absolutely nada about the Dutch team, and almost as much about their league these days. You would expect though that they are more than capable and will give Aberdeen a very tough two games.

Would have to have Motherwell as clear favourites in their tie, if KR's performance against Celtic was anything to go by.

Luzern v St Johnstone - I would have Luzern as favourites, and tonights game especially will be difficult for St Johnstone as they are playing a team who can pass the ball about well and will enjoy a lot of possession in conditions that aren't ideal if you are chasing the game. I can see St Johnstone getting a lot of joy from set pieces and balls into the box, but they'll need to take their chances. Difficult tie, but winnable.

Aberdeen v Groningen - I know absolutely nada about the Dutch team, and almost as much about their league these days. You would expect though that they are more than capable and will give Aberdeen a very tough two games.

Aberdeen are flying just now though and scoring a lot of goals. I expect them to win at Pittodrie tonight and get a draw in Holland.

f**k knows how its going to pan out at Pittodrie tonight. Hopefully the Famous can take a comfortable lead to Holland. 2-0 would be good.

Motherwell should knock seven shades of shite out of the Icelandic mob.

Saints? Well we all thought they would get rimmed by Rosenborg and look what happened.

'Mon the jockos.

You going tonight Mozza?

Luzern vs Saints: Saints are the better team but Luzern will be fitter as they have started their season. Saints to go through on away goals.

Aberdeen vs Groningen: Two clubs of a similar size. Dutch Football is better than Scottish Football. Aberdeen to lose by one goal.

Motherwell vs UMF: Motherwell should walk that.

So can United but they beat us 4 times last season

Luzern vs Saints: Saints are the better team but Luzern will be fitter as they have started their season. Saints to go through on away goals.

The Swiss season starts this coming weekend....

So can United but they beat us 4 times last season

Not in the conditions they'll face here. Far hotter and more humid than the Scottish boys are used to. I think St Johnstone have a decent chance but Luzern will be a big challenge.

Aberdeen vs Groningen: Two clubs of a similar size. Dutch Football is better than Scottish Football. Aberdeen to lose by one goal.

Motherwell vs UMF: Motherwell should walk that.

Stay away from bookies, at least I got one right..

Big night for the Scottish sides. Aberdeen with the toughest task over in Holland but I don't see why they can't get a score draw and advance. Fancy St Johnstone to do the business at home to Luzern and Motherwell to win in Iceland.

Archived