Scottish Cup Draws

Wigtown probably favourites.

Good draw for Newton.

St Cuthbert doomed.

HibeeJibee, did it not used to be south league winners got automatic entry into 2nd round or am I just imagining this

You're right...

Top 4 non-league clubs in Scotland get to enter at R2.

Previously this was winners & runners-up of HL, and winners of both EOSL & SOSL. It is now winners & runners-up of HL & LL.

Furthermore, Wigtown - despite being SOSL winners - has to enter at the Preliminary stage as they're unlicensed.

The licensing aspect will eventually rule out the Eos and SoS teams from participating in the SC unless they attain this.

I've never understood why these teams have used their SFA handouts to pay players over the years. I can remember when Newton Stewart had a grandstand, they have never even bothered to replace it after the wind blew it down. Maybe now they will try for a licence.

The licensing aspect will eventually rule out the Eos and SoS teams from participating in the SC unless they attain this.

Not so, that motion was defeated at the SFA AGM, some league teams still don't have a licence so they would have been unable to take part as well. I hear that some of the big clubs voted to keep the status quo, in fact I think it was a majority decision.

I've never understood why these teams have used their SFA handouts to pay players over the years. I can remember when Newton Stewart had a grandstand, they have never even bothered to replace it after the wind blew it down. Maybe now they will try for a licence.

NSFC second stand was dismantled due to being unsafe c 1983 after lasting 30 years

NSFC second stand was dismantled due to being unsafe c 1983 after lasting 30 years

I remember looking at their ground as a teenager whilst on my Yamaha 175 trials bike. I clearly remember an old wooden stand on the ground as a pile of rubble. That was around 1977/78

Archived