Prediction

loyal-blue

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the whole country that's going to the polling station. Not just your pals from Facebook.

You forgot the important Car Sticker count....

You forgot the important Car Sticker count....

You jest, but it is interesting that despite the polls showing a lead for the No campaign, you never see people admitting their support other than the odd car bumper sticker. You don't see windows draped with No banners, or lampposts with "Keep London Rule" stickers. If the support for No was genuinely as high as some would have you believe you'd think that the public demonstration of that would be greater.

Either the No campaign is so confident in the result (which it clearly isn't otherwise Westminster and BT wouldn't be desperately spreading FUD) or the polls are not correct. I am going with the latter.

You jest, but it is interesting that despite the polls showing a lead for the No campaign, you never see people admitting their support other than the odd car bumper sticker. You don't see windows draped with No banners, or lampposts with "Keep London Rule" stickers. If the support for No was genuinely as high as some would have you believe you'd think that the public demonstration of that would be greater.

In terms of activist beleeeve types (morons who would put a sticker on their car or on a house window) there's little doubt Yes have far more vocal adherents.

Unfortunately for them, that doesn't have an effect on the population at large.

In terms of activist beleeeve types (morons who would put a sticker on their car or on a house window) there's little doubt Yes have far more vocal adherents.

Unfortunately for them, that doesn't have an effect on the population at large.

Sorry I just don't believe that to be the case as demonstrated on here and from public forum opportunities (Question Time, vox pop, facebook, etc).

Even if you were to say it was level on both sides, the No propaganda by the general public seems conspicuous by it's absence. As I say, I think the polls have misjudged the situation by some bit.

Finally I think it's a bit harsh that people are "morons" for showing public support for a political movement. Almost as if you don't wish people to have that level of involvement. Apathy and obedience would suit the No campaign perfectly.

Finally I think it's a bit harsh that people are "morons" for showing public support for a political movement. Almost as if you don't wish people to have that level of involvement. Apathy and obedience would suit the No campaign perfectly.

Anyone who puts a sticker on their car or house for a political party or Yes/BT is unquestionably a moron.

It's probably side by side with the goddist fish symbol and "Baby on Board".

If the vote was tomorrow I think we would come up short. Probably around 55:45 in favour of No.

Hoping beyond hope we can get some momentum over the next 2 months to change this but it's not looking good. I would take 50.01 to 49.99 to Yes.

Archived