James Glen Memorial Trophy - Kilbirnie tournament

glensmad

All in all, it was a very good tournament this year, and quite competitive for pre-season matches. Three red cards in the four games tells the story that all of the teams took it seriously, regardless of what sort of squad they had available.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it was that competitive . Refs supervisor was down Saturday hence why the keeper got sent off . Any other friendly & it would have been a yellow & as for Moores red the ref would have said to just substitute him .

I agree with both points, particularly the red card for the Dalry keeper on Saturday against us, it did seem harsh as Deco had knocked the ball wide towards a defender and wasn't going to score.

As for Moore yesterday, I didn't see the incident myself, I just saw Galloway on the ground after the ball came over, but our fans on the far side said it was a pretty blatant elbow. Galloway was still a bit groggy after the game. Yes, the referee could have told Kilbirnie to bring on a sub, that's fair enough.

I didn't see the red card in the Kilbirnie v Buffs game on Saturday, I had left by then.

Straight red last man again. That's how I thought Hutch would have been done yesterday too

Yeh, Hutch could have got a red as well, but perhaps it wasn't deemed to be a clear goal scoring opportunity as it was Moore. :P

Archived