Worst Signings in Scottish Football History

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked David Louhoungou (sp).

Forgot about Casalinuovo - awful player. Mind he had an open goal from about 6 yards in 1 game, kicked the ground about a foot in front of the ball and it didnt even reach the line.

Aye same here. Congo Dave looked tidy on the ball IMO.

Where to start...?

In addition to those already mentioned, I raise you Puri and Tonet.

Who? I hear you say.

Indeed, I reply.

In terms of recent higher profile stinkers, however, it has to be Djemba Djemba and Bahoken. Jesus wept, WTF were they all about!?!?

Stephane Bahoken was apparently the one Danny had been waiting for. I suspect it was the Bahokens and DDs of this world that ultimately cost Danny his job.

Pretty sure some fans seem to rate him as being as good as Murray Davidson, and felt that Adams would actually be Hardies successor

Adam's biggest downfall was that his knees were made of play-doh. He had a lot of potential before he got hurt a lot.

Spunking our cup final money on Stewart Kean and Derek Holmes in hindsight wasn't the best idea but probably in terms of pure shiteness Calum Antell and Barry John Corr are definitely up there.

Andy Dow did such an impressive impersonation of a ghost that it earned him a mention in Chris Brookmyre's "Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks".

I'm assuming you also managed to erase Neil Janczyk, Robert Sloan, David Bagan, John Henry, Derek Lilley, Derek Young, John Stewart, Barry Wilson, Euan McLean, Nick McKoy, Jonatan Johansson et al? If so, I'd love to know how you managed to erase the memories....

Not saying they were all bad players, infact some were pretty good players in their day......shame they only came to us 10+ years after that!

No. No I remember them... :green

Remember that paston goalie that signed for us? 2 games, released then turns up playing for New Zealand against Italy in the 2010 World Cup :blink

Remember that paston goalie that signed for us? 2 games, released then turns up playing for New Zealand against Italy in the 2010 World Cup :blink

Echoes of Fallon scoring for NZ v Mexico in the world cup play off last year despie sitting on our bench most of the time.

I seem to remember some Saintee on here performing some terrific straw clutching because while his kicking was pish it was OK because you could see Paston was disappointed his kicking was pish.

Archived