If you have a vote...

Ira Gaines

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think people should be required by law to vote, but on the flip side there should also be the "none of the above" option added to the ballot paper.

And what happens when None of the Above wins the election?

And what happens when None of the Above wins the election?

That would indeed be an interesting situation. Highly unlikely of course, but I suppose it is possible even if improbable. I have to admit I don't actually know. I do believe that people should be required to vote but there has to be an opt out if that is the case.

It doesn't. Voting for NOTA has the same effect as not voting.

I think he raises a fair point though. Not that it would ever happen there is a very slight chance it could happen. If there was a majority of those who voted none of the above, I am not sure what sort of mandate that would give to those who would claim a voting majority.

Brave American men died in WW2 fighting fasiscts just like David Cameron and Nick Clegg. Because of their sacrifice we nowphave freedom and the ability to vote.

Think about that.

Anybody who comes onto a forum dedicated to a topic to tell people how little he cares about said topic has issues.

I don't go onto train spotting forums to tell them how much I couldn't give a f**k about trains.

What a random thing to say, gave me a good laugh though. :thumsup2:lol:

If people dont want to vote its their choice at the end of the day, what can you do eh, cant force anyone to do anything.

What an absolutely pointless fudge.

Your idea should at least have a point to it.

Considering the turn out for national elections is so dreadfully poor resulting in a slither of the electorate that actually decides on the outcome - and worse than that as it's only a percentage of that slither - I think it's hardly "pointless" nor a "fudge" to have people required to vote.

Scotland should be an Independent country.

Scotland should not be an Independent country.

None of the above.

Not applicable in a yes/no referendum of course, but if you were referring to my comments then it's clear that I was meaning voting in general.

Scotland should be an Independent country.

Scotland should not be an Independent country.

None of the above.

:lol: Fucking hell.

I agree with you on this issue.

I went for a spell without voting, on the basis that I didn't like any of the options, but that's a really immature way to think about things. And a total cop out.

I respect people who vote for the BNP more than I do those who choose not to vote as they can't find an option that they will deign to put a cross against.

Considering the turn out for national elections is so dreadfully poor resulting in a slither of the electorate that actually decides on the outcome - and worse than that as it's only a percentage of that slither - I think it's hardly "pointless" nor a "fudge" to have people required to vote.

Not applicable in a yes/no referendum of course, but if you were referring to my comments then it's clear that I was meaning voting in general.

Slither like a snake, waddle like a duck.

That's what you get when you do the hucklebuck.

A slither? For fucksake!

I wasn't referring to you.

I completely understand the idea of writing none of the above, when you don't wish to elect any of the names on a ballot. Writing none of the above when the outcome of a vote physically can not be neither of the options, is the hilarious bit.

Archived