LL Clubs in the Scottish Cup - 2014-15

HibeeJibee

I'd have liked a trip up there but that wouldn't please the treasurer I'm sure!

what for ?? There's f**k all up their pal, just mountains, lakes and sheep... (Its the sheep isn't it)

Lothian Thistle HV v Burntisland Shipyard

Auchinleck Talbots v St Cuthbert Wanderers

Hurlford United v Edinburgh University

Glasgow University v Cove Rangers

Vale of Leithen v Gala Fairydean Rovers

Newtown Stewart v Hawick Royal Albert

Edinburgh City v Fort William

Wigtown & Bladnoch v Civil Service Strollers

Very bad draw for Edinburgh University who will expect to struggle against Scottish Junior Cup champions Hurlford, away from home, long before the term restarts. Derby clash for Vale and Gala. Good draw for Edinburgh City, who should expect to progress against the perennial HL basement side. Dalbeattie obtained a bye. So unless City come a surprise cropper all LL entrants bar two should make it to R1, but even with Uni, you do never know...

How much cash does a club get (from SFA) for the Preliminary Round or is it the same as 1st Round proper?

How much cash does a club get (from SFA) for the Preliminary Round or is it the same as 1st Round proper?

Prizemoney-wise?

I think it's just one payment whether Preliminary and/or R1.

Used to be ~£2,000, and then ~£4,000 in R2, then ~£6,000 in R3 and so on until the later stages.

Less 'disciplinary deductions'.

SFA also contribute towards away team travel, upto and including R2. Maximum £400 per tie.

Prizemoney-wise?

I think it's just one payment whether Preliminary and/or R1.

Used to be ~£2,000, and then ~£4,000 in R2, then ~£6,000 in R3 and so on until the later stages.

Less 'disciplinary deductions'.

SFA also contribute towards away team travel, upto and including R2. Maximum £400 per tie.

I have been informed (he said...) that it's £2k for each of the Preliminary round and 1st Rounds, which makes sense as otherwise the teams which played an extra game would be doing it for nothing. I'd actually thought it was £6K for R2 and £12K for R3. Ah - the famous disciplinary deductions - sure that some teams almost make a loss on their prize money due to this!

Later rounds could well have changed from £4k & £8k to something like £6k & £12k, I haven't seen breakdowns given for a couple of seasons.

Interesting... That may be a new development with the Preliminary Round being so large this time around (you could effectively call it the First Round then renumber the rest up one). Only previous time there was a Preliminary Round was a couple of years ago and it only had 2 ties. Not sure I 100% agree for the Preliminary Round clubs to get an extra £2,000 though: what that means is that, for example, Newton Stewart or Hawick will walk away with £4,000 and their share of the gate receipts from at least 2 ties, and potentially 2 travel contributions... whereas Coldstream would only get £2,000 etc. as they happen to have received a bye?

I appreciate that happens defacto later in the cup too, but at least the increments are higher there and no bying involved. Bit odd.

Aye, I was mulling it over too. And I could well be wrong anyway. However, the reason I think the preliminary games deserve to get prize money is that if e.g. HRA get put out, they have missed a chance to get into R2 which they are really due, so although they stand to gain £2K from playing an extra game, they also have even more risk of missing out on the £6K from R2. At this stage the gate receipts are still pretty small for most clubs, until the league clubs join in.

Archived