Orkney Join Mainland Football

HibeeJibee

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The simpleton is you. You said that I put a question mark, but used a quote with no question mark to illustrate your point. Well done you.

No, it shows your lack of understanding of punctuation. The question mark was because I was thinking of going, and this was more than adequately shown by the use of words like, "Might just make some plans to head up that direction?" Hardly the construct of someone seeking permission to do so, least of all yours.

It was a rhetorical question so the question mark is perfectly justifiable in this context. Wanting you to fcuk off is not, "throwing a fit", as you melodramatically put it, it is more not wanting to be bothered with someone who, until this point, had shown no interest in this thread and only came on to make a snide comment.

Haven't you got groups of people you want to burn in a building to attend to?

Jog on.

Bold statement. Well kinda.

That'll be a question mark, but I took it that he was referring to the other quote, you know, the one he quoted?

Australian or New Age twats who go up at the end of a statement to make it sound like a question or are doubting that you can comprehend the complexity of what they're saying thread for this pish.

I don't think you quite understand how question marks work.

I think I do.

You can't be being serious here? You genuinely thought I wasn't talking about the post where you put a question mark? :lol:

Given that you used a different quote entirely, no. Please explain why you used a different quote?

Ps, is that question mark okay?

Given that you used a different quote entirely, no. Please explain why you used a different quote?

Ps, is that question mark okay?

Can't believe you actually need this explained. You posted a nonsense question in a quote, got called up on it and said you hadn't asked a question. I replied to the post where you demanded you hadn't been asked a question and explained that you had used a question mark. How on earth could anyone struggle with this concept?

Shetland and Orkney rugby teams both play in mainland leagues. Shetland sometimes struggle to get a full 15 off the island and often have to rely on players from other teams who don't have a game or University students from the isles to make up the numbers. I think the SRU are a bit more lenient with player registrations than the SFA would be in this aspect. Rugby is a lot more popular in Orkney and I think they even have an internal league there, so I'm not sure if they suffer from the same problems.

Ignoring AFJ's posse of anti-Ulster stalkers, I can't remember ever seeing a rugby field in Shetland, but maybe there's one tucked away somewhere in Lerwick. Football is definitely very much dominant there and all the outlying parishes and larger islands have a pitch of some description. Not surprised a Shetland rugby team might struggle for numbers, doubt it would be an issue with football.

Can't believe you actually need this explained. You posted a nonsense question in a quote, got called up on it and said you hadn't asked a question. I replied to the post where you demanded you hadn't been asked a question and explained that you had used a question mark. How on earth could anyone struggle with this concept?

A question would read along the lines of, "Do you think I should I head up there", I posted a rhetorical statement.

You fcuked your quote up.

See ya.

A question would read along the lines of, "Do you think I should I head up there", I posted a rhetorical statement.

You fcuked your quote up.

See ya.

Yep that's what happened here, absolutely.

Hint for the future: When literally everyone else is saying that you are a moron who's got it badly wrong, there's a high chance that you are and have, and should exit with your tail firmly between your legs.

Everyone? :lol:

From grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/question.htm

"Rhetorical questions (asked when an answer is not really expected), by the way, are questions and deserve to end with a question mark:"

Hope this helps?

In what way was that a rhetorical question? Unless you knew that everyone had clearly noticed you were a simpleton anyway, but then why say anything at all?

Can I buy ten for future misappropriation please?

Note to all - that was not in any way rhetorical, it was an actual question.

Not in that kind of bulk. It'd drive the price of apostrophes down.

Archived