Orkney Join Mainland Football

HibeeJibee

Don't know.

Admittedly ICT generally play their U20s but Ross County could do the same.

We haven't played since a first round defeat to Wick in the 2008 cup. I can't recall the exact circumstances of the withdrawal, but I seemed to remember there was a bit of a "toys out the pram" reaction to that match. It's a bit of a shame, as even reserve matches against ICT, Wick, Nairn and Brora could be pretty entertaining and competitive.

*edit* Here's the match report from that defeat against Wick. I think only Petrie was a first team regular from that time and Girvan was the only player that was also in the squad against St Johnstone in the Challenge Cup the day before.

http://www.wick-academy.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=510&Itemid=2

Also 2,365 for a 1st round Challenge Cup match :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7524202.stm

That's probably higher than a few Premiership attendances we've had.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elgin and Golspie haven't entered either.

Suggestion that Elgin's reasoning may be connected with being made to play last season's Final on a Sunday 24hrs after an away game at Berwick, which was hard on their players and they lost to Brora.

Apparently Golspie felt the early NofS Cup start coupled with the late NC League start wasn't worth the disruption.

Thanks for that. Might just make some plans to head up that direction?

I didn't, you utter twat, and there is no question mark required for that factual statement.

Er, what's that squiggle at the end of the first quote?...

That'll be a question mark, but I took it that he was referring to the other quote, you know, the one he quoted?

As for the question mark I did put in the first post, I wasn't asking anyone, merely speculating as to whether or not I will go.

AFJ asks a question, receives an answer, throws a fit in reply and asks another question but this time without the question mark, then has it explained to him by HM#1, throws another fit in response and claims his second question was a factual statement (it wasn't), has it explained to him again by GB80, proceeds to ask a further question by way of response.

That about sums up AFJ's short temper and lack of understanding of punctuation.

What a simpleton.

The simpleton is you. You said that I put a question mark, but used a quote with no question mark to illustrate your point. Well done you.

AFJ asks a question, receives an answer, throws a fit in reply and asks another question but this time without the question mark, then has it explained to him by HM#1, throws another fit in response and claims his second question was a factual statement (it wasn't), has it explained to him again by GB80, proceeds to ask a further question by way of response.

That about sums up AFJ's short temper and lack of understanding of punctuation.

No, it shows your lack of understanding of punctuation. The question mark was because I was thinking of going, and this was more than adequately shown by the use of words like, "Might just make some plans to head up that direction?" Hardly the construct of someone seeking permission to do so, least of all yours.

It was a rhetorical question so the question mark is perfectly justifiable in this context. Wanting you to fcuk off is not, "throwing a fit", as you melodramatically put it, it is more not wanting to be bothered with someone who, until this point, had shown no interest in this thread and only came on to make a snide comment.

Haven't you got groups of people you want to burn in a building to attend to?

Jog on.

The simpleton is you. You said that I put a question mark, but used a quote with no question mark to illustrate your point. Well done you.

You can't be being serious here? You genuinely thought I wasn't talking about the post where you put a question mark? :lol:

As for the question mark I did put in the first post, I wasn't asking anyone, merely speculating as to whether or not I will go.

I don't think you quite understand how question marks work.

Archived