Petty crime

Underage drinking

Drinking in the street

Urinating in the street (these three go hand-in-hand)

Stole a pint glass from a pub

Minor vandalism

Illegally downloading/streaming music/films.

Small possession of drugs.

When I had just turned 18, I once went and bought fags for a 17 year-old mate.

Turns out I'm a lot more badass than I thought.

There aren't any police officers on here, is there?

How many hands have you got, then?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underage drinking

There aren't any police officers on here, is there?

Don't worry, kilbowie will be too busy jumping out of bushes trying to catch speeding motorists to bother with hardened criminals like yourself.

Sounds like fun! What's your real name, just like so I can add you on Facebook n stuff?

Are you sarcastically insinuating that you'll get him into bother for kicking lamposts if you get his real name?

I inadvertently stole a big box of Corn Flakes from Sainsburys the other week. I had the pram in with me and couldn't fit them in the basket I was carrying, so stowed them in the bottom of the pram.

Forgot all about them till I was loading everything back in the car. As I sped off out the car park undetected I had a major pang of guilt that my 10 month old was an accessory to the crime.

I inadvertently stole a big box of Corn Flakes from Sainsburys the other week. I had the pram in with me and couldn't fit them in the basket I was carrying, so stowed them in the bottom of the pram.

Forgot all about them till I was loading everything back in the car. As I sped off out the car park undetected I had a major pang of guilt that my 10 month old was an accessory to the crime.

That guilt thing's a weird one. I bought a coffee and sandwich the other day from Costa, and only got charged for the coffee. I said "Are you sure?" admittedly quite quietly, and the guy behind said "Thought that was a good deal!", a little louder. She totally blanked us, so I whispered to the guy behind me "I'm saying nothing", and he nodded.

Just remembered jaywalking in Miami. Didn't even realise I was breaking the law until my cousin was like "might want to stop that".

What is jaywalking? Is it walking on the road rather than the pavement? Or something else?

What is jaywalking? Is it walking on the road rather than the pavement? Or something else?

Crossing the road where there isn't a designated crossing.

I hate that in America as I never know where it stops becoming acceptable beyond residential cul-de-sacs.

It's reckless walking across the road, at least, that's how my cousin described it. I was doing a wee jig crossing the road.

Seems unnecessary to have a law covering that. I understand that crossing roads can be dangerous, but surely as long as the pedestrian is cautious and responsible it shouldn't require police intervention?

It's reckless walking across the road, at least, that's how my cousin described it. I was doing a wee jig crossing the road.

Gees, they'd probably kill you for that. Look at this guy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6251431.stm

It is a cautionary tale for any traveller - distinguished historian Felipe Fernandez-Armesto tried to cross the road while in Atlanta for the conference of the American Historical Association, only to find himself in handcuffs and surrounded by armed police.

"I come from a country where you can cross the road where you like," said the visiting professor of global environmental history at Queen Mary College, University of London. "It hadn't occurred to me that I wasn't allowed to cross the road between the two main conference venues."

Seems unnecessary to have a law covering that. I understand that crossing roads can be dangerous, but surely as long as the pedestrian is cautious and responsible it shouldn't require police intervention?

Certainly, there was f**k all in sight with no junctions near me when I did my wee drunken jig. The wee cuz didn't step in, but when I reached the other side of the road about four minutes after I started the journey across the road, she was fairly grim.

I think it's just a city thing, crossing the road with the equivalent of the red man. In smaller towns the pedestrian always has the right of way on junctions, if there's no lights.

Archived