Who's going? what you going to see?

Busta Nut

Going to see the men's hockey on Monday 28th. Scotland v Wales. Was looking at tickets for the closing ceremony but they're wanting £120+ for a ticket.

Going to that too Stuart. Boxing in the afternoon.

Athletics on the Tuesday. Hockey again and badminton on Thursday 31st.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't going to go to anything but just booked the Sunday morning rugby 7's session, looks like 6 group games and the quarter finals. Only single seats left for the finals in the evening session. Going to have to pick tickets up before hand though as it says on the website its too late to post them out.

Off to the Rugby 7s a week tomorrow (Morning) and then Badminton (evening).

Plan on going through for the cycling road race too.

Sitting in GR7 for the 7s. Terrible seats :thumbsdown

No Americas. Largely no Asia, no Europe. No Russia.

No point.

A weird line of argument this. The main criticism being that it isn't the Olympics effectively.

Take this argument to its logical conclusion and we might as well say that we might as well not go and see our children playing football because Wayne Rooney isn't there

A weird line of argument this. The main criticism being that it isn't the Olympics effectively.

Take this argument to its logical conclusion and we might as well say that we might as well not go and see our children playing football because Wayne Rooney isn't there

Nor the World championships or even the Europeans. Hell they were some better athletes at the half empty Hampden last week.

Most people are only going to say they were there because they have bought the hype. Ask them to name 6 people at the event they are watching, doubt you could get many to do it.

Shit games. Enjoy :P

I'm assuming you don't need tickets to watch the triathlon in Strathy Park?

If you don't I'll be going to see that.

If you do, I'll pop along with my speedos, grifter and trainers and hopefully take bronze.

It's tickets at The Watersports Centre but there will be public areas.i almost typed pubic areas but thats just the car parks.

As I mentioned, I'm starting my Games visits with a trip to the Weightlifting, at the Armadillo on Friday evening.

My plan is just to park the car in a city centre multistorey. Is that likely to be OK, or could I find myself struggling to find a space?

Got tickets for the rugby on Sunday night and the athletics next Saturday night (which is hopefully when Usain Bolt will be there). I'd have liked to get some cycling tickets but missed out there - if anyone has any spares then let me know.

On the news last night they showed a stretch of 3-lane motorway which seemed to have a bus lane, a "Games Lane", and 1 lane left for all other traffic.

If that's correct - and not just a 'random happening' at one isolated point - I must say that seems OTT, surely the "Games" traffic could use the bus lanes.

Wasn't going to go to anything but just booked the Sunday morning rugby 7's session, looks like 6 group games and the quarter finals. Only single seats left for the finals in the evening session. Going to have to pick tickets up before hand though as it says on the website its too late to post them out.

Is there a way to see the available seating plan?

Archived