Who's going? what you going to see?

Busta Nut

I'm working the bars in the Hydro everyday, some 7am starts and "airport security" to get through, Irn Bru will be getting served at the games (working there for a year it is the number one complaint that there isnt any bru) Slightly apprehensive because I don't know what to expect and haven't worked there in a month, should be a good experience though, so overall buzzing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anywhere you can buy tickets in Glasgow on the day? I fancy the weightlifting on Sunday but don't want to order now and rely on the post.

There is a ticket office at George Square but the queues are fucking huge. My office is at George Square and the queues were massive from 9 till me leaving at 5.30 today. However that could've been people lapping up the last of the opening ceremony tickets.

Got free Rugby 7s tickets from a mate who works for Barrs and going with three other friends to that, on Saturday morning.

And going with the friend from Barrs to see the squash on the last day. Just started playing a couple of years back and enjoy it a lot, so it will be interesting to see it as a spectacle.

There is a ticket office at George Square but the queues are fucking huge. My office is at George Square and the queues were massive from 9 till me leaving at 5.30 today. However that could've been people lapping up the last of the opening ceremony tickets.

Tickets can also be bought online and collected at the venue.

My Aunt was talking to someone who queued in George Square for an hour and a half on Tuesday.

Just ordered some tickets and planned to collect them in George Square tomorrow - take it the ticket office is easy enough to find as it'll be the place with the massive queue? Is there a separate queue for collections or is it one big, long queue?

Just ordered some tickets and planned to collect them in George Square tomorrow - take it the ticket office is easy enough to find as it'll be the place with the massive queue? Is there a separate queue for collections or is it one big, long queue?

Probably too late for you (sorry), but you can pick up your tickets at any venue, as long as you have your account number and photo ID. I picked up tickets for four events at the cycling this morning, no queue at all.

Probably too late for you (sorry), but you can pick up your tickets at any venue, as long as you have your account number and photo ID. I picked up tickets for four events at the cycling this morning, no queue at all.

No probs, got them at George Square today - had them within 30 minutes of getting off the train at Central so can't really complain about that.

I'm in the Copland Road end for the rugby. Behind enemy lines.

Got tickets for the rugby on Sunday night and the athletics next Saturday night (which is hopefully when Usain Bolt will be there). I'd have liked to get some cycling tickets but missed out there - if anyone has any spares then let me know.

Im also at that athletics with hopefully bolt and also the judo 2mr

Had applied for tickets originally and never got them. Decided against getting any in the general sale, watched it last week then bought tickets for the boxing on Sunday for yesterday. Was cracking, had 8 men's quarter finals. The lad McFadden won, shame all his pals and family were proper neds! The guy Henderson who was fighting an Englishman got torn apart in the 3 rounds. Were some good boxers, 2 Australian guys were well schooled.

Going to the men's hockey tomorrow afternoon where first I'll see Scotland getting demolished by Australia and then South Africa v India, with the winner of that going into the semi final.

Been to the rugby 7's, the marathon at the Green and Hampden last night. It's been great. My only complaint is the Scottish and English girls who finished 4th and 5th in the 10000m did a lap of honour and the Kenyan 1,2&3 didn't. Happened in a couple of other events as well.

Went to the athletics last night. Really enjoyed it and after only buying the tickets for £20 the night before expected a shit seat but was great view only about 8 rows from the front, got very lucky.

I had Canadians and English people sitting next to me. Totally different crowd from a Scotland or normal football game but enjoyable and delighted I managed to get tickets last minute.

I had Canadians and English people sitting next to me. Totally different crowd from a Scotland or normal football game but enjoyable and delighted I managed to get tickets last minute.

There were loads of English at the rugby at the weekend, they actually seemed to have a majority in the Broomloan front on the Saturday night.

Archived