benni macarthy

glasgae junior

I was present at the whitehill vs Hamilton game and here is my update on the international record goal scorer

I was very intrigued to see what it would be like

from the warm up, I could see he was very down to earth with the guys, good banter and camaradie

from the beginning of the game , he was different class, great touches, hold up play and link up

and then he topped it up by scoring an absolute cracking header , wee in and out movement to lose his market and bullet it in

for the second goal, he lay a good ball off to dodds to score

all in all, he got tired after the 30mins mark , and maybe was losing more balls than usual

if he can get half fit, I can just imagine him scoring buckets loads in the lowland league, I would say he played at least 30 percent of his capacity but he was superb

just a mention as well, I thought whitehill left mid, not sure his name was class on the day

benni, it was a pleasure

mickey get him signed up and training, could be a master stroke

Benni McCarthy has been plying his trade for Whitehall Welfare.

Yeah I was wondering why though, clocked the other thread and I think this is great

Yeah I was wondering why though, clocked the other thread and I think this is great

Is he no related to one of the ww players ( goes out with his sister or something) ? Either way, good to have internationally recognised players with that level of prestige and fame bring involved at non league level.

He is John Halls brother in law apparently..

Oh just like was posted ages ago on the original thread & also splashed in the evening news likewise eons ago, who would have thought? :P

Nowt like keeping a dead threadbare thread alive eh!

Was you there last night, great fun wasn't it! Except at full-time, they wouldn't let us back out on to Gorgie road, what was that all aboot?

Grimbo

Archived