What have you learned from Pie & Bovril

Romeo

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll second the wrestling thing.

I had no idea adults watched this for their own enjoyment, not just because their 10 year old kid wanted to watch it.

I've learnt a lot since joining P and B many moons ago as a 15 year old laddie. 6 years I've had this now, been through a lot in my life but always had P and B there for me whenever I have needed it!!! ;)

I've learned that 21 year olds can come across as someone in their 40s! Seriously, I'd have guessed mid 40s.

Also the wrestling thing. Main thread currently at 758 pages, and it has its own subforum.

Lichtie4life came on a Subcrawl with us, got blind drunk and then decided drinking out a puddle made perfect sense. Surprisingly he never made it to the last stop.

Did the term 'puddle drinker' exist before this or did it stem from this (rather worrying) event?

Jimmeny Jillikers. That man needs help. Did he lap at the puddle like a cat to its milk? Did he take straw to the puddle?

The forum needs answers.

You know, I really can't remember. I think it just kind of sucked as if he had a straw but without the straw, if you see what I mean. It was a good while ago and we were all a bit cheerful by then.

Incidentally, that was the same Subcrawl that we all went in The Louden and he started singing Celtic songs. The bar staff had to have a word with the group elders and everything.

Jimmeny Jillikers. That man needs help. Did he lap at the puddle like a cat to its milk? Did he take straw to the puddle?

The forum needs answers.

I didn't witness the exact event as I was finishing my pint so was slightly slower to leave the pub than some of the others, but when I walked out the door and enquired what the hilarity / shock was all about I was told the LichtieForLife vomitted on the pavement bent double outside the Partick Tavern, then lay down on the pavement and reached his hand into the gutter, where he cupped gutter water into his hand and used it to rinse the vomit from his mouth. Then he got up and plodded on.

Arbroath.

It wasn't even as if he was properly sick, it's just that the chips that he had eaten in Partick had came out in a huge mushy lump on the floor right next to a lamp-post, and then bent over at the kerb to try and wash it out.

You weren't there, man. It was horrible.

Edit- even though it had been raining overnight, it was still noticeable the next day when I went by on the bus. Partick's landmark.

Archived